What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

torero

Small Guards don't get drafted early
Club Member
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas and ****Bailer are the 1 seeds.

Just filled out my bracket and had a hard time not having the 3 Pac-12 teams win a bunch of games. I picked Arizona to win it all. Hate them a lot less now that Sweaty Sean is gone.

Who you got?

Purdue, Zona, Zags, Wisconsin were my final 4. I will say Arizona vs Houston and Arizona Tennessee would be an absolute bloodbath of a sweet 16 and Elite 8 match up to get to a final 4. The east region of Baylor, Kentucky, Purdue and UCLA will be absurd as well. Can't believe UCLA ended as a 4. I still think they are a top 8 team in the country.

I like Arizona and Kansas.

Historically, I'll need to pray they get through the first weekend & then it's all good if I end up picking either of them.

I have Texas Tech, UCLA, Tennessee, and Iowa (I know what conference they play in but they hate Nebraska almost as badly as we do so they get a pass).

Like Iowa State to make the Sweet 16, Wyoming to beat Indiana and St Marys, and Michigan to beat CSU.

I'm thinking I should start doing 2 brackets each year - "head" and "heart".

That would have avoided me picking CU for the Final Four last year with Baylor going out in Rd 1 in my sole bracket. 😂

I always do 2. One with what I think, and one 'upset special'

I don't think you'll be right on this one. CSU is a very good team. They'd have spanked us in the Paradise Jam, though I'd have loved a shot at them now.
It wouldn't shock me if I'm not. CSU's good, but Tennessee's probably the most underseeded team in the tournament at 3. I thought they were a legit 2 with an outside shot at a 1 kind of talent. I think Tennessee handles CSU or Michigan....so I thought that was a pretty good spot to take a chance in the first round.

It wouldn't shock me if I'm not. CSU's good, but Tennessee's probably the most underseeded team in the tournament at 3. I thought they were a legit 2 with an outside shot at a 1 kind of talent. I think Tennessee handles CSU or Michigan....so I thought that was a pretty good spot to take a chance in the first round.

Fair. CSU is a good team, but they're not athletic enough to hang with Tennessee.

Purdue, Zona, Zags, Wisconsin were my final 4. I will say Arizona vs Houston and Arizona Tennessee would be an absolute bloodbath of a sweet 16 and Elite 8 match up to get to a final 4. The east region of Baylor, Kentucky, Purdue and UCLA will be absurd as well. Can't believe UCLA ended as a 4. I still think they are a top 8 team in the country.
Wisconsin?!

I do at least 3 brackets year. This year, it'll be four. We got one going on at work. I'm not saying anything after my golf performance, Good Lord. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wisconsin?!
Their quadrant is by far the worst. Auburn is way overhyped IMO and won a bunch of close games to **** teams. Kansas I don’t think has the point guard play providence won so many games by 5 or less points. I just think it’s wide open and Wisconsin has the least amount of flaws and Johnny Davis has March star written all over him. I was even considering Iowa and SDSU

Their quadrant is by far the worst. Auburn is way overhyped IMO and won a bunch of close games to **** teams. Kansas I don’t think has the point guard play providence won so many games by 5 or less points. I just think it’s wide open and Wisconsin has the least amount of flaws and Johnny Davis has March star written all over him. I was even considering Iowa and SDSU
Wisconsin just doesn't have anyone besides Davis. I think they lose first weekend. They won an absurd amount of games decided by 5 or less. That fortune is clearly running out, losing their last two to Nebraska and MSU.

Wisconsin just doesn't have anyone besides Davis. I think they lose first weekend. They won an absurd amount of games decided by 5 or less. That fortune is clearly running out, losing their last two to Nebraska and MSU.
Who do you think comes out of that quadrant? Davis only played 11 minutes in the Nebraska loss. Nebraska was kind of like ASU and got weirdly hot at end of year also beat OSU on the road. UCLA also lost their last 4 games before the tourney last year so that's not always an indicator.

Question for the board. Have any of you seen South Dakota State play? I have not, just heard something interesting about them. I heard they shoot 43% from three as a ****ing TEAM. Anybody know if that's legit?

I've got Iowa State and Miami in that regional semifinal. Not buying Wisconsin or Auburn. LSU's a mess. **** Andy Enfield.

Question for the board. Have any of you seen South Dakota State play? I have not, just heard something interesting about them. I heard they shoot 43% from three as a ****ing TEAM. Anybody know if that's legit?
Looks like .449. Crazy....

https://sdstate_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/stats/2022_MBB/teamcume.htm

I like Arizona and Kansas.

Historically, I'll need to pray they get through the first weekend & then it's all good if I end up picking either of them.
I went with Arizona to cut down the nets in one of them. I think they are the most complete team in the field this year.

Who do you think comes out of that quadrant? Davis only played 11 minutes in the Nebraska loss. Nebraska was kind of like ASU and got weirdly hot at end of year also beat OSU on the road. UCLA also lost their last 4 games before the tourney last year so that's not always an indicator.
What I'm trying to say is Wisconsin being 15-3 in close games could easily have been 3-15 and out of the dance entirely. It's not a good team. Check their efficiency rankings. Auburn won't have to worry about them, but Auburn is very legit. Possible 1st pick in the draft on their team as well.

I always pick 3 dark horses, it makes watching the whole season so much more worth it.
Memphis
Tenn
Houston

Whole lotta chalk....not any wire-to-wire favs (for me) in any bracket, they all have weaknesses. And no obvious Ore.State-like Cinderella, with the possible exception of South Dakota State.

No real complete "new -style" team like "Nova was a couple of years ago! Pretty open ---whoever is hot AND Lucky!

Back