What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
I think this is going to be a big offseason for the Buffs in the portal, so figured it could use it's own thread.

Apparently, Lincoln Riley is purging a lot of the USC roster and there should be a lot of talented players available.Slovis has entered the portal and I assume he'll have better options than CU, but I wouldn't mind having him in Boulder.

I was convinced his freshman year he would be a 1st rounder. Looked like Drew Brees

An observation, as it pertains to CU, was that it took until late in the season for any of the transfers to make a mark.
Not sure that's a system issue or what. Lamb looked physically too thin. Wray looked confused as did all the OL.
Barnes was playing fast at the end of the season, but it took awhile. Hope we can "onboard" better this year.

An observation, as it pertains to CU, was that it took until late in the season for any of the transfers to make a mark.
Not sure that's a system issue or what. Lamb looked physically too thin. Wray looked confused as did all the OL.
Barnes was playing fast at the end of the season, but it took awhile. Hope we can "onboard" better this year.
I hope we can do literally everything better this year.

We need 8+, hopefully 10-12 portal guys. There are already over 1,000 players in the portal. We have holes everywhere but I would love to see ILB, S and OL as top priority. Closely followed by QB, DL, Big RB.

That's 100% coaching. Just sayin'.

We need 8+, hopefully 10-12 portal guys. There are already over 1,000 players in the portal. We have holes everywhere but I would love to see ILB, S and OL as top priority. Closely followed by QB, DL, Big RB.

I can't see 12 portal transfers in one offseason.

Bo Nix is in the portal. A good amount of chatter is saying he is going to Nebraska. Of course, it could be the biased dome of Nub news since I live in Omaha. Not sure why a three-year starter for a decent SEC school would come to Stincoln to see Frosty’s career be wheeled to the morgue?

I can't see 12 portal transfers in one offseason.
It’s a lot I know. 8 would make me happy and that seems doable with probably 1,200 guys in the portal soon. At a minimum we need a starter or plays a ton of snaps guy at ILB, S, and T for sure.

Seems odd. You don’t suppose it had anything to do with, you know...money? This sport is becoming a mercenary game right before our eyes.
Money or not, Rattler is a mercenary by definition. He's transferring to start somewhere next year, put together an audition tape, and maximize his NFL Draft position. It would be a surprise if he learned the fight song or spent any time on campus other than for football-related activities.

There has been "chatter" for every big time QB in the portal.
And now that Martinez is gone, there’s no problems with any of them being better than what they got.

I swear that joke just doesn’t get old.

Back