What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 CO QB Jake Rubley (Signed to Kansas State)

With the change in offense, no showing from the two incumbents, and a recruit who stands a good chance of starting from day one, this is not a big surprise. Good luck to him.

K-State, though?

giphy.gif

It's possible this is an indictment on HCMT recruiting efforts in Colorado, but I doubt it. While it's hard for us to comprehend anyone would choose K-State over CU, it's likely there was something this young man had his eye set on and there was nothing HCMT could have done otherwise. Yeah, it sucks. But I'm confident based on recruiting in 2019 that we'll see a very strong class in 2020. Of course winning and bowling will help matters so that definitely needs to happen.

Good luck, young man. Don't forget about us... The Buffs have a lot to offer and there's plenty of time to change your mind.

I would think that the Rubleys made a very informed decision that included the depth chart, coordinator, QB coach and likelihood of coaching stability (and success) thru the next 4 years or so. There's some qualifications in that family to assess the situation at hand, way more than we normally encounter with these kids.

Klieman's record is pretty unbelievable and seeing what he did this year foretells of good things ahead.
QB Depth chart there is non-existent.
OC has coached QBs with some success. Collin Klein? Maybe a very impressive young coach? I'd think the Rubleys would be in a much better position to assess that than ANY of us!

For Rubley, getting to the next level is way more important than tumbleweeds, flatirons, and probably cheerleaders and other distractions.
Seems like a very mature decision to me that I think will look pretty good in a few years. I think KSU is a better destination by a ton that we are giving it credit, because of the success this staff has had. I think Boulder has similar draws in terms of the staff, but may not be as good of a fit regarding offensive style and depth chart.

In my mind the Rubley ship has left the port. Tucker isn’t going to wait around for it to return. He will quickly focus on other recruits. So, in that sense at least, thanks to Jake for an early announcement.
I’m pretty much here. HCMT will go after another and might even get someone much better. It could play out into next season. If Lewis comes in as a FR and sets the world on fire CU might end up with a 3* type of QB. If Lewis isn’t ready it could be an indication that the QB job is wide open and CU could end up being in on a 4/5* type. One can dream...

Went to the CU -Oregon b-ball game with a long time friend. His son is very tight with the family

According to him, Rubley loves CU and the coaching staff, but it came down 100 percent to scheme fit at Kansas State.

Doesn’t really mean anything other than Mel and company make a tremendous impression and who knows, a full year things could change.

Went to the CU -Oregon b-ball game with a long time friend. His son is very tight with the family

According to him, Rubley loves CU and the coaching staff, but it came down 100 percent to scheme fit at Kansas State.

Doesn’t really mean anything other than Mel and company make a tremendous impression and who knows, a full year things could change.
Interesting. That tells me either:

1) He really wasn’t a great scheme fit in which case I question why he was so high on our QB board, or;
2) He would have fit our scheme well but our coaches didn’t effectively get that message across.

Too bad, as long as we land another top target then I guess that will lessen the sting.

In my mind the Rubley ship has left the port. Tucker isn’t going to wait around for it to return. He will quickly focus on other recruits. So, in that sense at least, thanks to Jake for an early announcement.
Much better options out there. MUCH BETTER.

Back