What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 CO TE Gunnar Helm (Signed to Texas)

BuffTuba

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9622195.jpg

Cherry Creek HS (Englewood, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gunnar_helm
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gunnarbhelm/

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 220
40:

3* - 84 grade; #49 TE
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked TE

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Central Michigan, Colorado State, UConn, Georgia, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin
I saw that Gunnar was visiting this weekend on an unofficial and we didn't have a profile. He doesn't have an offer yet (just CSU} or any rankings but I think he is pretty intriguing. Only 370 yds in 2019 but 8 TDs.

He is a Cherry Creek teammate of Penry('21) and Stacks ('20). Also Cherry Creek's RB Walker II for this year looks interesting. Not sure if we have a profile for him already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helm picked up an offer from CU today.

Not from Helm (at least not yet), but two commitments occurred up in Boulder from 2021 recruits earlier today.

Interesting. I agree he may not be a Plan A guy but he is really intriguing. He seems very athletic and could have a big senior year. I'm glad we are getting in early on him.

My point was that Olsen has a bunch of offers without the benefit of one from CU to kick things off.

Anyhow. The gouge is Helm is on a bearing that, if he doesn't get blown off course, lands him in Boulder.

Unless he has had a lifelong love for all things CU, I’d expect he would kick some tires.

Per Adam's update:

"My sister is a junior up at CU, so I had been up there quite a few times. And I went up there for the Arizona game and I fell in love with it right away," the 6-foot-6, 225-pound Helm said. "But I didn't expect my unofficial visit to be what it was like. I had never really been inside the CU football facilities before.

"When you go up to CU and spend time around the football program, it is like a family. I got to talk to (head) coach (Mel) Tucker, and I fell in love with the coaching staff up there. Staying home would be a big part of it. And I love the game day atmosphere with Ralphie and the Flatirons in the background. Nothing can match up to that. In the end, I think it is going to be really tough to say no to that."

Last edited:
"My sister is a junior up at CU, so I had been up there quite a few times. And I went up there for the Arizona game and I fell in love with it right away," the 6-foot-6, 225-pound Helm said. "But I didn't expect my unofficial visit to be what it was like. I had never really been inside the CU football facilities before.

"When you go up to CU and spend time around the football program, it is like a family. I got to talk to (head) coach (Mel) Tucker, and I fell in love with the coaching staff up there. Staying home would be a big part of it. And I love the game day atmosphere with Ralphie and the Flatirons in the background. Nothing can match up to that. In the end, I think it is going to be really tough to say no to that."
Well, there ya go.

Back