What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 LA CG Javon Ruffin (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

10429510_a6aa74dc49ed4376bf9f9d218bdc0eee.jpg

Isidore Newman HS (New Orleans, LA)

AAU: LA Supreme

Twitter:
Instagram:

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 195

247s rating: 3* - 89 grade; #42 SG (#147 overall)
ESPN rating: 3* - 75 grade; #51 SG
Rivals rating: 3*; unranked SG

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8886 / #42 SG / #185 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Cal

Last edited:
Adam had an article up about his recruitment back in May (free):

Sure get mad at me for not knowing how Michael Ruffin was, but a quick search, pretty cool, Cherry Creek Kid, went to school as a Chemical Engineer, long career in the NBA. Who knows how he is in real life, or how connected Javon is to his dad, but on the surface, its assuring.

Fukc yeah!!! A really nice class to take the place of the departing one. I would like a guy that muscle a bit down low w the last spot.

Very impressive class so far! Way to go Tad and Co!

Not a lot of love for this kid yet it seems. He may not have a huge rating or large offer list (only Cal seems to be the other, confirmed power conference offer), but I like this pickup a lot. Kid can shoot, and plays in control. He missed last summer's circuit due to a knee injury, so that likely explains the lack of exposure on him. His highlights are from HS games, not mixtapes, and while he doesn't pop out in every highlight, there was a really nice eurostep and 360 layup that shows his craftiness. His athleticism isn't great, but I think he's fine.

He talked in an article about shooting w his dad for at least an hr at a young age. His dad was also w the Pelicans, giving him access to see how players warm up and train, and his former HC at Newman is Randy Livingston. For those in your mid 30s, you may remember that name. He was a hot shot player in LA, that went to LSU and NBA. All of this is me saying he has good pedigree.

He also doesnt seem to have a Twitter account, which I like for a teenage kid. I dont know much about Hammond, but we have 2 good shooters it seems in Ruffin and Allen.

One more thing: his old Newman team has a player named Chris Lockett Jr. that could be a top 50 player in '23, at minimum. I'm sure LSU and others will be all over him, but even if just a 1% chance of helping, it's always nice to have connections to recruits.

Not a lot of love for this kid yet it seems. He may not have a huge rating or large offer list (only Cal seems to be the other, confirmed power conference offer), but I like this pickup a lot. Kid can shoot, and plays in control. He missed last summer's circuit due to a knee injury, so that likely explains the lack of exposure on him. His highlights are from HS games, not mixtapes, and while he doesn't pop out in every highlight, there was a really nice eurostep and 360 layup that shows his craftiness. His athleticism isn't great, but I think he's fine.

He talked in an article about shooting w his dad for at least an hr at a young age. His dad was also w the Pelicans, giving him access to see how players warm up and train, and his former HC at Newman is Randy Livingston. For those in your mid 30s, you may remember that name. He was a hot shot player in LA, that went to LSU and NBA. All of this is me saying he has good pedigree.

He also doesnt seem to have a Twitter account, which I like for a teenage kid. I dont know much about Hammond, but we have 2 good shooters it seems in Ruffin and Allen.

One more thing: his old Newman team has a player named Chris Lockett Jr. that could be a top 50 player in '23, at minimum. I'm sure LSU and others will be all over him, but even if just a 1% chance of helping, it's always nice to have connections to recruits.
Hammond is an even better shooter than Ruffin and Lovering can stroke it two. All four players are shooters. I really like how this class is coming together

Sure get mad at me for not knowing how Michael Ruffin was, but a quick search, pretty cool, Cherry Creek Kid, went to school as a Chemical Engineer, long career in the NBA. Who knows how he is in real life, or how connected Javon is to his dad, but on the surface, its assuring.
I knew Michael Ruffin. One of the most gracious, hard working, and intelligent guys around. I’d be shocked if he didn’t pass great leadership traits onto his son. Really excited about this pick up.

I knew Michael Ruffin. One of the most gracious, hard working, and intelligent guys around. I’d be shocked if he didn’t pass great leadership traits onto his son. Really excited about this pick up.
He was a Soph when i was a Sr at Creek. Really nice guy, and he was already the best BB player at the school by a longshot.

Back