What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 TNFR QB JT Shrout (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Daaah

Club Member
Club Member
I didn't see it mentioned but perhaps I just missed it. It sounds like Tennessee quarterback JT Shrout is coming to the buffs. Anyone know anything about him?

Reddit thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

247sports (HS)
ESPN (HS)
Rivals (HS)
hudl

Alfano 5.jpg

University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) / William S. Hart HS (Newhall, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JT_Shrout12
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jt_shrout12/

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 215
40:

247s rating (HS): 3* - 85 grade; #34 QB-P
ESPN rating (HS): 3* - 79 grade; #34 QB-P
Rivals rating (HS): 3* - 5.7rr; #15 QB-P

247sports Composite (HS): 3* / 0.8696 rating / #26 QB-P / #641 overall

Reported Offers (HS): Ball State, Cal, CSU, Fresno State, Hawaii, SDSU, San Jose State, Tennessee, FCS offers

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m old, so don’t really know what I’m doing on social media, but I was reading his Twitter. Tennessee fans seem genuinely bummed he’s leaving, sounds like he has a big arm, and some even think he has NFL potential—this seems like a pretty big deal.

Woman I've been on and off with for a few years is a Tennessee alum (don't ask)-so I've seen a fair amount of their games. Here's what I can tell you-This kid has a huge arm. I thought he was the best QB they had. Solid pocket presence and a fairly good decision maker. He's the best QB on the roster in 2021 in my opinion as of now, and this is a great move-regardless of what Noyer decides after Tuesday night.

Can easily see him starting the 2021 opener for us. Welcome to the herd, JT!

Not sure I've seen a transfer who was as well liked from a fan based as Shrout. Tennessee fans are legitimately pissed they lost him.

Sounds like he has a massive arm.
Where are you seeing this? Everything I’ve seen is the typical well wishes, nothing more.

Not sure I've seen a transfer who was as well liked from a fan based as Shrout. Tennessee fans are legitimately pissed they lost him.

Sounds like he has a massive arm.
I’m hate QBs with just a massive arm...

i.e. Steven Montez, Jay Cutler

My wife is a Tennessee fan, so I saw all their games over the past couple years. One of the main reasons Tennessee fans want their coach fired is because of how bad he’s handled the QB position. Their two best QBs were Shrout and Harrison Bailey, who was a true freshman this season. However, Pruitt kept starting 5th year senior Jarrett Guarantano this season, who played horribly and lost several games for them. He was finally benched with about 3 games left, and then Shrout and Bailey split time. A lot of fans felt Shrout was the best QB on the roster, but Pruitt seemed to not like him for some reason. He would make a minor mistake, and Pruitt would pull him, when he would let Guarantano make mistake after mistake without taking him out of the game. Shrout is very good and seems to be universally liked by UT fans. He also has NFL potential. Here’s a thread on volnation discussing him transferring to Colorado.

Warming up to this QB. That arm looks impressive and could be good for keeping opposing DBs further back from the LOS.

I love Noyer but I don’t think he’s a QB who would be the starter for a full season.

Third string, pro style QB (not sure this fits our current offensive system), from a putrid team, that was not rated as high as our current second string (dual threat). Put me down for “wait and see” and “good addition for depth” camp.

Third string, pro style QB (not sure this fits our current offensive system), from a putrid team, that was not rated as high as our current second string (dual threat). Put me down for “wait and see” and “good addition for depth” camp.
Doesn’t everyone fall into those categories before reporting to camp?

Back