What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 TNFR DE Blayne Toll (Verbal to COLORADO)

Ok, and I'm guessing the board assumes that I'm too stupid to get it.

Seriously, "portal" -- wtf is this supposed to be a joke about?
I should probably let Go Buffs explain his own joke, but the way I read it is:
- when players desire to transfer from one school to another, they enter the NCAA "transfer portal."
- Go Buffs (I think) was picking out some posters and suggesting (for comedic effect) that they were looking to enter the fan "transfer portal" to become fans of another program.
- So not only is the CU football team losing some talent, but similarly, AllBuffs could be losing some talent.
- It's a jokie.

Ok, and I'm guessing the board assumes that I'm too stupid to get it.

Seriously, "portal" -- wtf is this supposed to be a joke about?
Hokie - Someone asked about who had entered the (transfer) portal. GoBuffs made a joke by picking a few random posters and saying they had entered the transfer portal. It's a joke because instead of answering the question legitimately, he used AllBuffs posters to answer it.

- when players desire to transfer from one school to another, they enter the NCAA "transfer portal."
- Go Buffs (I think) was picking out some posters and suggesting (for comedic effect) that they were looking to enter the fan "transfer portal" to become fans of another program.
- So not only is the CU football team losing some talent, but similarly, AllBuffs could be losing some talent.
- It's a jokie.

Hokie - Someone asked about who had entered the (transfer) portal. GoBuffs made a joke by picking a few random posters and saying they had entered the transfer portal. It's a joke because instead of answering the question legitimately, he used AllBuffs posters to answer it.
thanks, guys. I think I see the disconnect -- in my experience, jokes are usually funny.

- It's a jokie.
1632939831710.gif

- It's a jokie.

UBL

Yeah. No more hokie Hokie jokies.
No more hokie pokey jokies, that's what it's all about.

At some time in the past I recommended that in the spirit of the UBL and other allbuffs specific language that we add the term "A Hokie" to our usage and define it as a time when a joke that shouldn't need explanation turns out to need explanation to one or more posters.

No more hokie pokey jokies, that's what it's all about.

At some time in the past I recommended that in the spirit of the UBL and other allbuffs specific language that we add the term "A Hokie" to our usage and define it as a time when a joke that shouldn't need explanation turns out to need explanation to one or more posters.
You don't get it

I love when I click on a thread expecting bad news and I end up laughing my ass off instead.

Back