What's new

'21 TX QB Jalen Kitna (Verbal to Florida)

WasianCU

Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

Rick Reedy HS (Frisco, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KitnaJalen
Instagram:

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 185
40:

247s rating: 3* - 81 grade; #43 QB-P
ESPN rating: 4* - 83 grade; #17 QB-P (#181 overall)
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #17 QB-P

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8758 rating / #18 QB-P / #416 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Boston College, Florida, Georgia Tech, Tennessee

Last edited:

Da Lama

You'd think the son of a former NFL QB would have better ball positioning in his drops. Sweet lord, every throw is coming from the hip. If I'm a DC I'm telling my guys aim for the waist every time you get near him. You'll likely get the sack and the ball.

The Ogre

You'd think the son of a former NFL QB would have better ball positioning in his drops. Sweet lord, every throw is coming from the hip. If I'm a DC I'm telling my guys aim for the waist every time you get near him. You'll likely get the sack and the ball.
Sure, but he’s a sophomore in high school.

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
Sure, but he’s a sophomore in high school.
Which, again, for a son of a NFL QB, is unfathomable that his base fundamentals were ever allowed to stray.

Edit: after watching the tape, I don't see the issue. His release is fine, and quite quick. Perhaps not textbook, but certainly not waist level.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Which, again, for a son of a NFL QB, is unfathomable that his base fundamentals were ever allowed to stray.

Edit: after watching the tape, I don't see the issue. His release is fine, and quite quick. Perhaps not textbook, but certainly not waist level.
Not a lot to go by but this tape makes it look like Kitna Sr had a tendency to drop the ball down close to the belt level on many plays so it wouldn't be a surprise if he son does something similar.

At the same time he has spent much of the time since he retired coaching so you would think he could see a problem with fundamentals in his son and coach them out.

Da Lama

Not a lot to go by but this tape makes it look like Kitna Sr had a tendency to drop the ball down close to the belt level on many plays so it wouldn't be a surprise if he son does something similar.

At the same time he has spent much of the time since he retired coaching so you would think he could see a problem with fundamentals in his son and coach them out.

Right?! That's my point. Kid has a good arm and good size, but his mechanics are meh. I fear for Dak's progression in Dallas if Kitna is his QB Coach.

JOEinDenver

National Championship or Bust
Club Member
He looks a lot better as a Sophomore than that kid from Palmer(Class of 19) looked in his sophomore year?