What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

‘21 WA QB Clay Millen (Signed to CSU)

I wonder if Chandler’s departure has anything to do with this?
Chandler the walkon? huh?

Looks like Fisch wants to go a different direction if you ask me. I don't see how Millen wouldn't want to play for Fisch.

Just roll with that many QBs IMO.

What I want to know though, is if we get Millen, and the late add of Vaka... are people re-evaluating Dorrell's first class?
Not really. His commitment would’ve us from 54th to 51st. That’s how actually bad this class is/was; he and Vaka would represent CUs 2nd and 3rd best recruits and barely moves the needle in class rankings

The 2021 class is okay. I wouldn't say it is terrible or bad.

Carter, Manea, Oliver, Woods, Martin, Vaka, and Olson look like solid prospects to me.

Also like the addition of Shrout and Barnes through the transfer portal.

flood the QB room with young talent. Let them battle it out. See who sticks. Repeat as necessary.
I agree with this 100%. Selfishly i was hoping Noyer wouldn’t return and take valuable reps from some of those other guys. I think that’s amplified if Millen signs.

I agree with this 100%. Selfishly i was hoping Noyer wouldn’t return and take valuable reps from some of those other guys. I think that’s amplified if Millen signs.
Neither Millen or Carter are a factor for 2021 and Noyer won’t be able to practice until Fall Camp, so Lewis and Shrout will get the reps this Spring. Things are shaking out pretty well with QB right now, IMO.

I don't think the total number of QBs is a problem. With Noyer returning, Millen would still just make 5 in the QB room (Noyer, Shrout, Lewis, Millen, Carter). Doesn't seem too concerning to me.

Lewis, Shrout and Carter. Maybe Millen.

Millen and Carter coming in together puts them in a competition from day 1 that will make them better.

QB evaluation is tough and falls well short of 100% by the best of them. Plus with QBs being so apt to transfer these days, I think bringing in 2 when you're short on numbers is a great way to go. Odds of having a downstream contributor just go up!

Millen and Carter coming in together puts them in a competition from day 1 that will make them better.

QB evaluation is tough and falls well short of 100% by the best of them. Plus with QBs being so apt to transfer these days, I think bringing in 2 when you're short on numbers is a great way to go. Odds of having a downstream contributor just go up!
I wonder what the odds are that if Carter doesn't find himself in a good place in the QB pecking order in a year or two that he looks to go full time with basketball.

That of course would depend on him doing well enough on the court that Tad is willing to put him on scholarship but from the information in his profile that wouldn't be out of the range of possibilities.

Zero point zero chance Millen and Carter are both on the team 2 years from now so might as well bring him in and see who shines.

I wonder what the odds are that if Carter doesn't find himself in a good place in the QB pecking order in a year or two that he looks to go full time with basketball.

That of course would depend on him doing well enough on the court that Tad is willing to put him on scholarship but from the information in his profile that wouldn't be out of the range of possibilities.
Tad is recruiting on a completely different level right now

Other schools recruit two qbs in a class all the time, and a lot of them stick at their original school.

This is a problem that this board needs to get over. We should always be looking to add highly rated qbs if we can get them.
2 QBs in the same class sticking for their entire career is very rare, and if they are it means one guys is sucking up a scholarship that should be used elsewhere *cough* Stevie Joe Dorman.

I think that if he is clearly stuck behind Millen, he will probably leave CU and basketball is a real possibility (elsewhere). But I think this kid could be a big surprise to the board here. Millen has been finely tuned by an NFL dad for his whole life.

I'm all for this. I feel like we aren't good at scouting QBs, so throw numbers at it at least. Players that find themselves low on the totem pole can transfer out as needed

We don't really know how KD is at scouting QB's yet.

Fair, but I'd argue most are not good at it. This is why 5*s at big programs fail, 1st round picks fail, etc. I just think if you can't get a more sure fire guy, throwing **** at the wall seems a better way of doing it.

Think it is fair to say the lack of a fall season in California as it pertains to 2022 prospects is very much a part of the equation here as well.

Millen throwing style reminds me of Baker Mayfield. He has a strong arm. He is a prototype College QB, I don't think NFL coaches will be high on him. But anything is possible with hard work.

Back