What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 WY C Lawson Lovering (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9337415.jpg

Cheyenne Central HS (Cheyenne, WY)

AAU:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lawson_lovering
Instagram:

Ht: 7'0"
Wt: 200

247s rating: 4* - 95 grade; #6 C (#46 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 84 grade; #17 C (#75 overall)
Rivals rating: 4*; #9 C (#59 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9783 rating / #6 C / #58 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Baylor, Boise State, CSU, Nevada, SDSU, Wyoming

Last edited:
Surprising he’s not getting more attention. You can’t coach height. He’s still a junior, so he has a couple years to fill out that frame.

Needs to fill out and get stronger, but most do. Welcome Mr. Lovering! Like Not Sure put it, you can't teach 7'.

Big time! Exciting skill set. Can’t wait to see some more videos of him on the AAU circuit.

NICE!

Great pickup - he doesn't seem too clunky the limited videos and he can shoot it seems. Hopefully Anyanwu also enjoyed his visit.

From the highlights he has a variety of skills, not afraid to shoot it from outside but still has moves close to the hoop.

Does need to bulk up but has the frame for it.

What I like is that Tad isn't taking big guys just because they are big. This kid is athletic enough that he can provide size without slowing down or limiting what the Buffs do on either end of the court.

The camera perspective makes his arms look freakishly tiny compare to his legs.

Love the pickup!
Since he can stand flat footed and his reach measures 9’ 2”, i don’t think his arms are short. (And I know you attribute it to the camera angle).

16 years old?!?! Kid has crazy upside. The future of Buffs Basketball just keeps on getting better and better.

Hell, I hope he doesn't get any taller. 6'11", 7' is plenty.

?!?! **** that, I hope he gains weight to 300 lb and grows to 7'8" and keeps his mobility. That'd be great.

But yeah, if he just stays at his height, that's fine too. A 7 fter immediately makes anyone a college bball prospect. A 7fter that can move and shoot makes him a DI prospect. A 7fter with decent stroke and some mobility - great get. But with all that said, I do think this kid is a project of sorts, and I don't expect to see him contribute at all until soph/jr season. Hope he gets some weight and learns the speed of DI bball quickly though. It's also nice to get a kid from WY, bc I hate WY bball. It's nothing like nebraska, but I just can't stand losing to WY.

He gets great reviews and sounds like he cares about family and playing close to home. Welcome Lawson.

Tad maybe setting us up for several years of success. If so, the AD really needs to market the CU brand (esp in CA) and take advantage for all sports sake

Back