What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CA QB Justyn Martin (Signed to UCLA)

Would be hard to do in High School in Colorado. You have a continuous clock when you have one team gets up by 40. The only way to stop the clock is to take a time out. My son's freshman team went 14-0 between A and B games this year and had a running clock at the start of the second half in all but two games. They never broke mid 50's in a single game (think 52 was the highest) but they were running the ball only in the second half.
Colorado's mercy clock is great. It is REALLY hard to run up the score with the running clock. Of course, my experience is that most teams in Colorado have their 3rd stringers in by the time they're up by 35 anyhow.

Side note: Damn, your kid's school has Freshman A and B teams? My youngest played freshman football for a 5A school this year (Jeffco), and I think most of their opponents had fewer than 35 kids on their roster (one team had 20 kids suited for a game). Big difference from my older son (currently a senior) who had 58 kids on his freshman roster, and all of their opponents had similar numbers. Even then, nobody was running A & B games.

I guess I just assumed COVID depressed the number of players across the board.

Yeah, I'm sure those kids had a fun day at school. It's just ridiculous to do that.
I'm not sure that the kids on the winning team had that great a day at school.

Sure they laughed and joked some but it was hollow because it wasn't an accomplishment. The fun day at school comes on the day after a close win over a tough opponent.

The kids who had a fun day in school and who will have something worth remembering are the kids from both of these schools who "get it."

https://krdo.com/news/2021/11/01/a-...om-being-team-manager-to-scoring-a-touchdown/

I'm not sure that the kids on the winning team had that great a day at school.

Sure they laughed and joked some but it was hollow because it wasn't an accomplishment. The fun day at school comes on the day after a close win over a tough opponent.

The kids who had a fun day in school and who will have something worth remembering are the kids from both of these schools who "get it."

https://krdo.com/news/2021/11/01/a-...om-being-team-manager-to-scoring-a-touchdown/
Well, perhaps, idk? It should've never come to that as far as how players felt. Be a ****ing head coach.

Well, perhaps, idk? It should've never come to that as far as how players felt. Be a ****ing head coach.
This is the key here in the blowout victory.

The coach of the winning team has a history of being fired for cheating and recruiting. He thinks he is a college or pro coach. His attitude is completely wrong for a HS program.

Nothing wrong with winning, winning is important, but at the HS level you are trying to help young people develop into quality adults, this guy isn't doing that.

There is nothing to gain by running over an overmatched opponent. No college programs are going to be impressed by throwing a bunch of TDs against a defense that isn't as good as the one you practice against. Being a bully doesn't make you a better person or team.

Those coaches in the link I provided are the ones who are doing what HS coaches should be doing.

This is the key here in the blowout victory.

The coach of the winning team has a history of being fired for cheating and recruiting. He thinks he is a college or pro coach. His attitude is completely wrong for a HS program.

Nothing wrong with winning, winning is important, but at the HS level you are trying to help young people develop into quality adults, this guy isn't doing that.

There is nothing to gain by running over an overmatched opponent. No college programs are going to be impressed by throwing a bunch of TDs against a defense that isn't as good as the one you practice against. Being a bully doesn't make you a better person or team.

Those coaches in the link I provided are the ones who are doing what HS coaches should be doing.
Very true, I would've fired his ass on the spot for doing that. I mean, you're up by three digits and go for two? That's a grade A asshole for ya.

Colorado's mercy clock is great. It is REALLY hard to run up the score with the running clock. Of course, my experience is that most teams in Colorado have their 3rd stringers in by the time they're up by 35 anyhow.

Side note: Damn, your kid's school has Freshman A and B teams? My youngest played freshman football for a 5A school this year (Jeffco), and I think most of their opponents had fewer than 35 kids on their roster (one team had 20 kids suited for a game). Big difference from my older son (currently a senior) who had 58 kids on his freshman roster, and all of their opponents had similar numbers. Even then, nobody was running A & B games.

I guess I just assumed COVID depressed the number of players across the board.
They had 66 on the freshman team and 6 freshman that started on Varsity. Crazy good class at Mountain Vista this year. Varsity is a sub 500 ish team but made the state playoffs

No, they kept passing the ball, kept the starting QB in the game, and went for 2 on the final TD.

Games like this aren't good for either team or for HS football. The opponent didn't even have a coach hired until right before the season.

I hope that they end up playing one of the California powerhouses and seeing how they handled this game the opposing coach just rolls them. Actually I don't. I'd rather just see them lose and then the school district fire the coach.
They will not get to play the powerhouses. They are in a different division. They are division 2, the powers are in Division 1.
They would not do that to Bosco, Mater Dei, or Servite.
MaxPreps has them ranked in the 30s in CA

Back