What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CO PF Zach Keller (Verbal to Wake Forest)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9623172.jpg

ThunderRidge HS (Littleton, CO)

AAU: Utah Prospects

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZachKeller19
Instagram:

Ht: 6'9"
Wt: 220

247s rating: 4* - 92 grade; #10 PF (#78 overall)
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3*; #22 PF (#118 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9611 rating / #14 PF / #87 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Cal, CSU, TCU, Texas Tech, UCSB, Utah, Utah State, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

It’s nice to be able to look at a 4* recruits offer list and be able to say we are by far the best offer he has.

It’s nice to be able to look at a 4* recruits offer list and be able to say we are by far the best offer he has.
I absolutely LUV Keller for CU: tough, motored, D/Rbdibg, great O, may be best uptempo big/wing runner we’ve recruited!

But he has a great offer list, that may make him hardest to land of current recruits.

Wake Forrest in ACC and on the rise again.

Virginia Tech rebounded from coach change w/ preseason top-25 years.

TCU w/ elite coaching and improved recruiting in transfer portal.

Texas Tech looking like elite recruiting may not slow down since coaching change.

Cal and Utah w/ great academics.

Hurley horrible w/ roster management. Hate to see more good bigs ruined at ASU.

Nothing really new for the informed here, but what I found interesting in this article was that Keller was injured during his sophomore and junior seasons and thus wasn't getting much recruiting attention until this summer - now that he's healthy and able to participate in summer events.

College basketball recruiting: Zach Keller
Keller may be especially tough to land with teams like red-hot Illinois joining fray!

I absolutely LUV Keller for CU: tough, motored, D/Rbdibg, great O, may be best uptempo big/wing runner we’ve recruited!

But he has a great offer list, that may make him hardest to land of current recruits.

Texas Tech looking like elite recruiting may not slow down since coaching change.

Wake Forest was 6-16 last year. Like Steve Forbes but way early to say on the rise again. Especially in the ACC when you've got Duke, NC, Virginia, Florida State every year. Virginia Tech is a respectable but made it as far as CU this year. TCU hate to say it Jamie Dixon isn't an Elite coach at this point. He had a great run at Pitt but hasn't done anything at TCU. Never view Cal or Utah as a viable recruiting rival we are better in all ways.

Of your list Texas Tech and if Illinois really get's involved would be our biggest competition in my eyes.

Episode 2 Wait GIF by ABC Network

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But Zach is speaking highly enough of his offers, I don’t think it’s an easy win for CU. That said, I do think think we‘re 1 of his top offers and believe we can seperate ourselves enough to get his signature!
Go Buffs!

CU needs to be battling for recruits like this every year. They have more to offer than most with Tad and being close to home. Some kids want to leave, but it would be pretty appealing to be part of a front line that CU is assembling. If Baye happened to join the party—with the guard depth assembled—that’s a scary good team!

CU needs to be battling for recruits like this every year. They have more to offer than most with Tad and being close to home. Some kids want to leave, but it would be pretty appealing to be part of a front line that CU is assembling. If Baye happened to join the party—with the guard depth assembled—that’s a scary good team!
We have been: Quincy Allen, KJ Simpson, Joe Hurlburt, Tyler Bey, Evan Battey, Kee have all had bunches of high major offers. With instate/local kids Tad usually does a great job of identifying and locking down Junior year pre blow up: Josh Scott, D'Shawn, Dom and Dominque, even Lawson Lovering (top 75 kid) was unheard of when Tad got him to commit. This isn't football. Our basketball recruiting is healthier than it's ever been. We get players usually in the 75-250 nationally range from around the country (typically TX and CA) that other programs want and we develop them. Then we lock down the talented enough in state kids (there's maybe one a year) before they become national recruits. What more do you want?

We have been: Quincy Allen, KJ Simpson, Joe Hurlburt, Tyler Bey, Evan Battey, Kee have all had bunches of high major offers. With instate/local kids Tad usually does a great job of identifying and locking down Junior year pre blow up: Josh Scott, D'Shawn, Dom and Dominque, even Lawson Lovering (top 75 kid) was unheard of when Tad got him to commit. This isn't football. Our basketball recruiting is healthier than it's ever been. We get players usually in the 75-250 nationally range from around the country (typically TX and CA) that other programs want and we develop them. Then we lock down the talented enough in state kids (there's maybe one a year) before they become national recruits. What more do you want?
You took that all wrong. My point was who cares what other schools have offered. CU is just as appealing, if not more so, and Tad truly cares about his players. It’s awesome to see the Buffs competing for players the caliber of what they’re getting. They’ve been fortunate too. Quincy Allen was recruited by a coach no longer here, but stuck with it. K.J. Simpson was committed to another school, but Tad’s handling of that commitment is what caused him to leave for CU. Keller, Baye, any other 4-5 star recruit that wants to join the herd are welcome. CU is a basketball school…

Looking at the depth chart for "bigs" a year from now it seems that CU could be quite attractive to Keller. Batty will be a senior and most likely done with his CU career ( I assume due to Covid he could come back for one more season). Walker is likely going into the NBA draft. That would leave da Silva (jr), Lovering (so.) and Hurlburt (fr.). So Keller would be in the mix for serious playing time immediately and would be a valuable part of the rotation.

Additionally, the wings and backcourt should be very talented so that he would be a key component in a CU team in the NCAA tourney.

I work Thunderridge's sub varsity teams (we pick the non-varsity stuff we want to work in basketball in Colorado-its awesome) a lot and know those coaches pretty well. Didn't see Keller LY because they wanted us working our games and then leaving. Asked the coaches I know real well about him-They said he's the best player they've had in a while, but whoever gets him will want him to build him up......He's really skinny. Can't wait to see what he does next year-and I'll get some thoughts up when I get over there this winter.

Back