What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CT ATH Kenny Soares (Signed to Northwestern)

I’m not too worried about it. The Founders League (Avon Old Farms). Is really bad a football. I think the kid is going to struggle at the P5 level.
THIS. That said, the system Fitzgerald has in place will allow the kid some time to acclimate and improve. Plus, their facilities absolutely destroy ours.

You downplay it all you want but he was a big, fast and athletic ILB. He would have been a good addition here. And Pat Fitzgerald, who knows a thing or two about LBs, decided to take him, whether as a backup plan or not. This is not a good thing
But certainly par for the course with this program. They were 3-9 last year. We were 4-8. Which program do you think recruits think has a higher upside? Northwestern puts CU to shame across the board.

But certainly par for the course with this program. They were 3-9 last year. We were 4-8. Which program do you think recruits think has a higher upside? Northwestern puts CU to shame across the board.
Obviously the buck stops with Dorrell and the staff, but I have a hard time blaming them for losing a CT recruit to a better program 10 hours before signing. Their strategy of recruiting the northeast is questionable though

Lots of angst about losing a mid 3* kid from the Northeast that didn't have any official camp stats for size and speed or any offers that screamed this kid can ball. Wish the kid luck, but if this is the type of recruit we are upset about losing, our recruiting is even worse than I thought.

Lots of angst about losing a mid 3* kid from the Northeast that didn't have any official camp stats for size and speed or any offers that screamed this kid can ball. Wish the kid luck, but if this is the type of recruit we are upset about losing, our recruiting is even worse than I thought.
That's hardly the point.

Obviously the buck stops with Dorrell and the staff, but I have a hard time blaming them for losing a CT recruit to a better program 10 hours before signing. Their strategy of recruiting the northeast is questionable though
It worked once upon a time, we were ****ing good though. Phil Savoy was from D.C. I think.

Narrator: Our recruiting is worse than he thought.

You downplay it all you want but he was a big, fast and athletic ILB. He would have been a good addition here. And Pat Fitzgerald, who knows a thing or two about LBs, decided to take him, whether as a backup plan or not. This is not a good thing.
Agree. Our ILB depth is… questionable. Losing a guy who has a shot to actually cover RBs and TEs (something we don’t have in our current LB corps) is bad.

The last 8 words is all you needed to say

Yea, he's good enough to compete for a middling B1G program but not good enough for a bottom PAC 12 team.

Keep convincing yourself that losing him doesn't hurt.

Buffs are becoming a college football version of the Rockies.

Yea, he's good enough to compete for a middling B1G program but not good enough for a bottom PAC 12 team.

Keep convincing yourself that losing him doesn't hurt.

Buffs are becoming a college football version of the Rockies.
I don't think he's good enough to compete at either.
Better?

Back