What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 FL RB Anthony Hankerson (Verbal to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

11695027_9e8b0f9ae6f34de192e59bbf1e511dff.jpg

St. Thomas Aquinas HS (Boynton Beach, FL)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hankk_22
Instagram:

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 190
40:

247s rating: 3* - 85 grade; #78 RB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked RB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8696 rating / #55 RB / #678 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Florida, Florida St, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Marshall, Miami (FL), Michigan St, Minnesota, Pitt, USF, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Temple, Texas A&M, UCF, West Virginia, Western Kentucky

Hagan does have a type, Quick burst, that offer lisrt is interesting. Looks like a Jarek Brousard clone.

Yeah, this feels weird to me. If the offer list on 24/7 is legit why would he be a CU lock and greyshirt candidate?
Looks like most of his big school offers came after his Sophomore year. If you look at his stats on Max Preps, he blew up his Sophomore year as a first time Varsity starter with over 1100 yards. His Junior year looked to be on pace for a monster season, but it says he only played in 9 games, so maybe an injury of some sort? His Senior year was back to 15 games and was still over 1k yards and actually had 22 TDs, but didn't have the same YPC, yards/game, 100+ yard games, or explosive runs.

Looks like most of his big school offers came after his Sophomore year. If you look at his stats on Max Preps, he blew up his Sophomore year as a first time Varsity starter with over 1100 yards. His Junior year looked to be on pace for a monster season, but it says he only played in 9 games, so maybe an injury of some sort? His Senior year was back to 15 games and was still over 1k yards and actually had 22 TDs, but didn't have the same YPC, yards/game, 100+ yard games, or explosive runs.
Could definitely be a steal.

Could definitely be a steal.
IF my speculation is correct and he suffered an injury his Junior year, taking the 2022 year to train continue rehabbing could be what he needs. Get to CU next January with a pretty attractive depth chart of just Smith and Venn, along with another transfer and/or 2023 recruit I assume.

I think they only played 9 games his junior year.

This article does not mention an injury.

He's reported more than 25 offers during high school, including Arizona, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Miami. It's unclear how many of those offers remain.

"I was just kind of being a little separate," Hankerson said. "I was more focused on the season. Now that the season's over, I'm going to start cracking down. I have a couple options, I'll be in contact with more coaches."

Not sure what that means.

I know there is a backstory here (not claiming they are committable today), but 30 offers including LSU and Georgia is a good place to gamble.

That 5'9" 190lb listing may be overstated (they often are) and schools expecting him to do some growing that he didn't.

Hagan though has never had a problem getting production from "undersized" backs.

Appears to be a great addition. Question, though. What's the backstory? That long list of offers, and then, on top of it a greyshirt commit to CU. We know something's off (or very, very right and we just don't know it.) Any insight would be helpful.

Appears to be a great addition. Question, though. What's the backstory? That long list of offers, and then, on top of it a greyshirt commit to CU. We know something's off (or very, very right and we just don't know it.) Any insight would be helpful.

Below is the best I could find from the internet, an article from November 2021 from SI on some Florida running backs. I didn’t see any information on an injury anywhere, and Hankerson was playing in games in December. Perhaps his size affected recruiting? Dunno. The SI article was very favorable, though, as you can read below:

Anthony Hankerson​

Height: 5-foot-8, 190-pounds

School: Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Saint Thomas Aquinas

Class: 2022

Recruitment: Perhaps the most puzzling recruitment in Florida, Hankerson’s on-field accomplishments saw several offers, but to be honest, not as many so-called big-time programs pushed for his commitment as one might believe. LSU, Florida, Texas A&M, South Carolina, UCF, Kentucky, UCF, Miami, and several other programs offered, but how many really pushed for his commitment could be debated all day long. He’s a great talent, so it’s surprising.

Style of Play​

Hankerson will seek out contact, when needed, but he’s best at making the first defender miss. His quickness helps accent his ability to use power. With the capability of using either against any defender he faces, Hankerson is an advanced high school running back.

An incredibly low center of gravity and forward lean represent the way Hankerson totes the football. He’s also equally adept at running inside or outside the tackles. Whether running inside zone or a toss sweep, when Saint Thomas Aquinas gives Hankerson the football, he makes plays.

Perhaps the best attribute about Hankerson's game derives from his ability to be utilized in any situation. First and ten, he's really good at picking up the tough yards to help the offense stay ahead of the chains. Second down, he's more than capable of being an option in the passing game. On third down, whether it would be pass protection or being the option to help pick up the first down running the football or catching it, Hankerson will deliver a positive result.

Look for Hankerson to continue to be a true tailback at the college level, regardless of where he ends up. He’s going to surprise many people because he will likely play very early.

Back