What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 ID SG Jack Payne (Verbal to CSU)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9623172.jpg

Boise HS (Boise, ID)

AAU:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jackpayneee11
Instagram:

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 195

247s rating:
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers: Cal Baptist, CSU, Denver, Idaho, Montana, Montana State, Portland, San Jose State, Southern Utah, UC Davis, Utah Valley

Good athlete. Has a bunch of good FCS offers as a quarterback.

After watching his highlights, I can see why Tad likes him. Very active defender who plays an aggressive game. Attacks the rim, likes contact and can shoot. His hudl page lists a 35" vertical which looks legit based on the highlights.

Good athlete. Has a bunch of good FCS offers as a quarterback.

After watching his highlights, I can see why Tad likes him. Very active defender who plays an aggressive game. Attacks the rim, likes contact and can shoot. His hudl page lists a 35" vertical which looks legit based on the highlights.

Agreed! From a roster structure standpoint too we can take somebody in this class that takes a year or two to develop IE parquet. We have Kee, simpson, lovering, allen, ruffin, hammond, Da Silva, OBrien, and Nique all slated to be back next year and Hurlburt coming in. That's a really solid 9 man rotation and doesn't take into account a possible grad transfer. We probably will have attrition too but the point stands. Especially when Tad hangs his hat on development! There's value in having players that even at their peak might be an agressive, athletic, 6th man or 5th starter.

Payne seems to be in line for similar role as CU offer Chancellor White: 6’6-6’7 guard that can play all 3 perimeter spots.

I read CU’s interest in Chris Dockery, Kendale Johnson, & Miles Byrd (but CU didn’t make Byrd’s top 8)- also all 6’6 guards- as Tad is doubling down on his commitment to play 3 guard line-ups.

White and/or Payne could join Allen & O’Brien as guards that can guard most 3’s. One of the reasons I Luv Zach Keller for CU is that he could play some 3 (like Walker & da Silva) when CU needs to go big. Lawson, Hurlburt & Keller as big front line, gives Payne/White some minutes at 2.

I should include Jasen Green in same sentence as Zach Keller: they both allow increased versatility by playing 3/4.

Which I think is going to be 1 of the most important spots to defend in PAC-12 in coming years: near seven-footers with the game of small forwards. Some really good ones coming in, and on the horizon.

Back