What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 MA PG Avery Brown (Verbal to Columbia)

I'd rather have 10 small guards that can handle the ball than 10 combo guards who maybe defend and rebound a little better, but don't handle it as well. I think you overestimate the problems related to small guards. This isn't the NBA, there aren't a bunch of guys who can back you down on the post and get buckets at will.
You'd rather have Kin than Jaron Hopkins?

I'd rather have 10 small guards that can handle the ball than 10 combo guards who maybe defend and rebound a little better, but don't handle it as well. I think you overestimate the problems related to small guards. This isn't the NBA, there aren't a bunch of guys who can back you down on the post and get buckets at will.
Baylor's starting backcourt that took the nation by storm last year. Davion Mitchell 6', Jared Butler 6'2, and MaCio Teague 6'3.
I know the three are listed at 6'2" and 6'3" but I've stood next to them! None of these guys are close to Parquet in length, who is listed at 6'4".

I like all three, but if we are really still recruiting Brown, I can see one of these three (and it's not KJ) finding minutes elsewhere much like Kountz did transferring to UNC and now averaging 21.2 PPG.

It's not very Tad-like to have 3 guys like this in the rotation. As things sit, I could see PT being much more limited for at least one member of this group in the near future.

I'm still not walking the 7 blocks to watch Columbia basketball.
Not exactly a basketball power but great school for the rest of his life.

My wife and I have friends who's son is a much better student than I could ever pretend to be. Dad is a mining engineer, mom has a masters in pyschology, both in their native Peru but they moved here when their son was very young.

He earned a full ride to Columbia and graduated pre-med with honors. They moved so I don't know which he picked but he was trying to decide between a full ride to Stanford Med or continuing in Med at Columbia. Crazy was his fallback was Harvard.

Cannot imagine being a good enough student that my fallback was Harvard.

My wife and I have friends who's son is a much better student than I could ever pretend to be. Dad is a mining engineer, mom has a masters in pyschology, both in their native Peru but they moved here when their son was very young.

He earned a full ride to Columbia and graduated pre-med with honors. They moved so I don't know which he picked but he was trying to decide between a full ride to Stanford Med or continuing in Med at Columbia. Crazy was his fallback was Harvard.

My sister-in-law is the chair of the Biology Department at BU. She couldn't get into CU and had to go to Harvard for her PhD.

I can’t imagine having enough money that my fallback would have been Harvard. Because to get me into Harvard that’s what it would’ve required. M-O-N-E-Y.

I can’t imagine having enough money that my fallback would have been Harvard. Because to get me into Harvard that’s what it would’ve required. M-O-N-E-Y.
I probably would have needed my Dad to fund at least three new buildings, and some under the table stuff for administrators as well.

Reactions: DBT
Back