What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TNFR RB Ramon Jefferson

We needed this badly. If I can get past the upsetness I have about how we shouldn't have needed this, I'm ecstatic. I think Jefferson has a huge impact on this team. Along the lines of how much it meant to bring in Travon McMillian after Philip left for the pros & we knew there was a major hole.
^^^There you have it...even if for a year the winning mentality...I've seen this "kid" play in person and he is a cannon ball with some speed.
He'll take away carries from the current RBs on the roster.

And so it goes....another off season gut punch.

I was skeptical the All-Southland Conference player was going to make a great difference, but I would rather he were here than not, given the roster.

the expression "shooting ourselves in the foot" seems too inconsequential now. we hack off body parts and harvest our own organs, all the while singing a song about how unfair the new era is.

there are basically 3 types of recruits or transfers we can land at this point: 1. guys who do not meaningful NIL revenue potential. 2. guys who are a risk for some reason or the other. Or, 3. guys who don't give a **** about NIL because they and their families don't need the money.

category 1 gets smaller everyday as the programs that invest in football are growing the pie to include everyone.

category 2 we have never been good with academic, injury, or behavioral risks.

category 3 ARCH MANNING! it is a small pool.

the expression "shooting ourselves in the foot" seems too inconsequential now. we hack off body parts and harvest our own organs, all the while singing a song about how unfair the new era is.

there are basically 3 types of recruits or transfers we can land at this point: 1. guys who do not meaningful NIL revenue potential. 2. guys who are a risk for some reason or the other. Or, 3. guys who don't give a **** about NIL because they and their families don't need the money.

category 1 gets smaller everyday as the programs that invest in football are growing the pie to include everyone.

Arch Manning and Colorado🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 gasp…. 🤣🤮🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We get our legs amputated and somehow our balls get chopped off in the process

Remember when Auburn HC Pat Dye called out CU for being a dirty program in recruiting?

I'm sure our younger fans have trouble believing that was the reality of CU football.

I believe one of the big secrets of Mac's success was two-fold - a university president who wanted to win and spinning things so that any administrator or media member who questioned what he was doing risked appearing to be racist.

I think RG tried to recapture that with Mel but didn't have the president & chancellor backing.

Last edited:
Remember when Auburn HC Pat Dye called out CU for being a dirty program in recruiting?

I'm sure our younger fans have trouble believing that was the reality of CU football.

I believe one of the big secrets of Mac's success was two-fold - a university president who wanted to win and spinning things so that any administer or media member who questioned what he was doing risked appearing to be racist.

I think RG tried to recapture that with Mel but didn't have the president & chancellor backing.
I wonder if anybody at Auburn even knows CU still has FB.....

I believe one of the big secrets of Mac's success was two-fold - a university president who wanted to win and spinning things so that any administer or media member who questioned what he was doing risked appearing to be racist.

Most people my age (mid 20s) see CU in a similar light to CSU. We’re an unknown, more of a basketball school

Where’s the money going to come from? It’s easy to blame RG but if our pockets are empty, or only half as deep, we’re not going to be competing for these players.
It's real easy to have no money when you don't try to get the money by refusing to help build a collective like the team that is paying the guy you spent money recruiting to leave you.

Maybe it still wouldn't be enough. But to not even try is pathetic.

It's real easy to have no money when you don't try to get the money by refusing to help build a collective like the team that is paying the guy you spent money recruiting to leave you.

Those of us on this site are about what’s left of diehard CU fans and I know I’m not giving a penny to some collective to try and bribe players into coming here.
Plus whatever we are able to raise would pale in comparison to other schools, so basically we’d be paying a **** ton more to be in the exact spot we’ve been in for the last 20 years.

Those of us on this site are about what’s left of diehard CU fans and I know I’m not giving a penny to some collective to try and bribe players into coming here.
Plus whatever we are able to raise would pale in comparison to other schools, so basically we’d be paying a **** ton more to be in the exact spot we’ve been in for the last 20 years.
That's the spirit! I guess RG is excused for not even trying based on your thorough knowledge of CU's available booster funding.

I can't show you a specific article or other supporting attributable evidence but based on our history, based on the attitude of the school administration and their lack of concern about the condition of the program, their demonstrated lack of cooperation in admissions, with supporting coaches and more not only does CU not have the money to play the game but I am fairly certain that RG has been told that CU won't be playing the game, don't even bother to try.

There is a fantasy in a certain group of offices in Boulder that think that the University of Colorado at Boulder is some kind of elite academic institution that is above bending to be successful at such commonplace endeavors as college sports. They think that we are some kind of public Ivy, something comparable to Cal or Michigan, despite the evidence to the contrary (and the evidence that schools like Michigan manage to compete athletically without compromising their academic reputation.)

That's the spirit! I guess RG is excused for not even trying based on your thorough knowledge of CU's available booster funding.
Are you aware of people that are looking to throw money at this program that RG has turned away? I’m very interested to hear more.

I don't know, there's an entire thread here dedicated to all the (former) season ticker holders talking about why they aren't renewing and why they won't donate, and guys like manhattan, who claims to have knowledge of big booster activity at CU says most have shut it down. I don't think it's that big of a stretch to say the donations aren't pouring in right now. Even Kelli Brooks, the biggest visible donor we have, pledged $5m, but for down the road, not even a lump sum of cash right now. We aren't competing with any SEC program if they want one of our recruits.

I don't know, there's an entire thread here dedicated to all the (former) season ticker holders talking about why they aren't renewing and why they won't donate, and guys like manhattan, who claims to have knowledge of big booster activity at CU says most have shut it down. I don't think it's that big of a stretch to say the donations aren't pouring in right now. Even Kelli Brooks, the biggest visible donor we have, pledged $5m, but for down the road, not even a lump sum of cash right now. We aren't competing with any SEC program if they want one of our recruits.
because of RG and his horrible decisions. Of which this is another one. And maybe they don't want him bad enough to flip him at this point if he's getting a little more from us, which would be possible if we were playing the game. Which we are not. Because RG. Excusing him for not even trying is ridiculous. We had multiple starters begging for anyone to throw them some cash on twitter after the season before they transferred.

Back