What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TX QB Owen McCown (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Was listening to the Rich Eisen show yesterday, and they had Jordan Palmer on there talking QB development, and he mentioned how he works with Owen and has worked with Owen for a long time. Jordan is a damn good QB coach, and helped make the development of Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence possible. I actually think that Owen will have a chance to battle for starter in a year or two, IF Blew or Shrout do not have the "IT" factor.

Got to keep this commitment, this kid is legit, he might just push BLew and JT out of the way next season.
He makes us better one way or another and based on depth is one of the most important player coming in considering Shrout's injuries, BLew's development, and the unknowns of Carter. Likely the most polished of all 4

One thing that Jordan talks about that totally relates to Blew and even Teddy Bridgewater is the ability to "THROW INTO TIGHT WINDOWS FROM TIGHT SPACES"

The best QB's have to stay in the pocket, and make accurate throws into tight spaces. Peyton, Brady, Drew, the best do that all day long

Wow GIF

Every one will compete. But would prefer that he redshirts to get stronger and to adjust to life away from home.

Throttle back a bit there Hoss.
No one in the current qb room has proven anything...Lewis was below average..and Shrout did not beat him out before getting hurt...
Kopp looks pedestrian... and Carter looks like he needs to change position..

Why not McCown?

No one in the current qb room has proven anything...Lewis was below average..and Shrout did not beat him out before getting hurt...
Kopp looks pedestrian... and Carter looks like he needs to change position..

Why not McCown?
Hey, if he comes in and wins the job more power to him. I really like the kid and have said so before. That said, it's a BIG jump to college, he's undersized and the two guys ahead of him have both run the gauntlet, successful or not. Plus, unless this staff is going all in on '22 being a total rebuild year which I don't think they are, Lewis and Shrout will be locked in at QB1 and QB2 until one of them gets hurt or wheels come completely off.

A freshman QB doesn't worry me. May the best man win. Not like we're going into 2022 with a proven QB.

It will shock me if McCown wins the job in the fall ahead of guys with more experience. It is not easy for a freshman QB. He has to get used to leaving away from home. He has to learn how to balance school work with practice and etc. He has to learn the playbook. He has to become a leader. He will probably redshirt.

Back