What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 WA ILB Dishawn Misa (Signed to Boise St)

No. Not football but the overall University and Boulder experience and, for sure, the athletic facilities. I get that the football program is a cluster right now. But the state of the football program is directly related to recruiting, obviously. Maybe my question is rhetorical.
Are you really going full "Flatirons" and "beautiful campus" argument as to why you don't understand how recruiting isn't better?

If you can’t see or appreciate the positive attributes CU has, I’ve got nothing.

That isn’t my point

No. Not football but the overall University and Boulder experience and, for sure, the athletic facilities. I get that the football program is a cluster right now. But the state of the football program is directly related to recruiting, obviously. Maybe my question is rhetorical.

Forget it.
You seem to be seriously wondering why we aren't recruiting better given "all the positive (non football) attributes CU has" and I'm wondering why you think any of that matters to these kids?

You seem to be seriously wondering why we aren't recruiting better given "all the positive (non football) attributes CU has" and I'm wondering why you think any of that matters to these kids?
Like I said, my question was rhetorical. I understand “why” but it frustrates me because I think we should be much better and that CU should be an easy sell for a good recruiter, which, apparently, KD and staff are not. And too that point, why is KD unable to beat Boise State for a recruit? Obviously our results aren’t great on the field, but a good recruiter’s job is to sell a program that is, often, struggling.

Last edited:
Like I said, my question was rhetorical. I understand “why” but it frustrates me because I think we should be much better and that CU should be an easy sell for a good recruiter, which, apparently, KD and staff are not. And too that point, why is KD unable to beat Boise State for a recruit? Obviously our results aren’t great on the field, but a good recruiter’s job is to sell a program that is, often, struggling.
Agreed. Football is the only thing that really matters to kids who have their sights set on the NFL, though, and KD doesn't have a sales pitch that resonates with them.

If the guy is going to Boise, then CU is not the Lone snubbed Ranger. Plenty of other P5 offers too.

Simple Boise Recruiting Story:

We win a lot
Bowl game every year
Players in the NFL
No coaching drama - our HCs may leave for bigger jobs but then it's the next (successful) man up.
Poly/LDS friendly
Not far from NoCal, Seattle Plex for family travel
Goldilocks Porridge Town - Not too big/Not too small.....
.....aaaaaand FAMOUS POTATOES!

If you aspire to be a Rhodes Scholar or you MUST play in P5, you're not choosing Boise. But that still leaves a lot of guys.

You serious Clark?

It should be. The University of Colorado Football program is shyt. Our recruiting apparatus is shyt. Prime Time Players don’t want to play for shyt programs.
Our program runs like a program that has no interest in winning.

Any business, regardless of how good the product they were selling, that operated with the same attitude as our program puts into recruiting would have a hard time staying afloat.

Are you really going full "Flatirons" and "beautiful campus" argument as to why you don't understand how recruiting isn't better?
hell, did you listen to the most recent BuffStampede podcast? Even Ryan Miller was giving the whole "if you just get them to Boulder" spiel. Like c'mon man, you went through the process of being recruited and you still buy into that bull**** that the flatirons and the campus will win recruits over. Clearly they won't otherwise we would have much better recruiting classes.

hell, did you listen to the most recent BuffStampede podcast? Even Ryan Miller was giving the whole "if you just get them to Boulder" spiel. Like c'mon man, you went through the process of being recruited and you still buy into that bull**** that the flatirons and the campus will win recruits over. Clearly they won't otherwise we would have much better recruiting classes.
Yeah, there have been A LOT of really good recruits who they were able to get to Boulder. Turns out, most don’t really care about the views of the mountains

Many of these kids that are highly rated coming out of HS - 4/5 stars - probably smell the chance at getting to the NFL in a few years. They don’t care what the campus, or surrounding areas look like. They want to play most of all, learn from the best coaches, and play against good competition to get them ready for the possible leap to the pros. I’m not sure what Boise St has to offer, aside from good coaching at a G5 level, and a consistent winning program. Things have definitely changed since the late 80’s and 90’s. Until the stars align at the top of the CU admin/BoR to the AD…this will be CU football.

Here's some interesting data from the NCAA - lists the # of players per FBS school on 2021 active 53-man NFL rosters. Boise has 10 and looks to be the top G5 program for that. Alabama leads, Shocking. Jalapeño - check out the data on FCS guys. There's a guy who goes by the first name "Jackrabbit"? That's the best....

Here's some interesting data from the NCAA - lists the # of players per FBS school on 2021 active 53-man NFL rosters. Boise has 10 and looks to be the top G5 program for that. Alabama leads, Shocking. Jalapeño - check out the data on FCS guys. There's a guy who goes by the first name "Jackrabbit"? That's the best....

Edit: Missed Temple with 18 guys. Pretty big #.......

I don't think he's completely off base, though. If everything else is equal, the setting can be the thing that puts CU over the top. Alfred Williams tells the story of the first time he saw Boulder all the time.

The problem is that tricky little part at the beginning of that sentence. Too often in the past 20 years, CU staff has relied on the setting as the central part of the strategy, not a fringe benefit.

247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

View attachment 37117
Eastside Catholic HS (Sammamish, WA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DishawnMisa
Instagram:

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 210
40:

247s rating: 4* - 91 grade; #5 ILB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated OLB

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Boise State, Hawaii, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Wisconsin
He’s big and fast. Best player in Eastside. But they got rolled up here playing Valor

Back