What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 AZ SF Cody Williams (SIGNED to COLORADO)

The issue with last year's team (at least one glaring issue) was the lack of physical toughness. That is not Cody's game. He will rapidly develop but I think he's at CU for two years.

giphy.gif

He only saw 9 minutes in the loss to France. Maybe that's a good thing (since he didn't participate much in the loss). Who knows. I'm excited for him to start for CU.
I watched 4 games and that entire US roster was pretty much a bunch of lazy dudes who could care less about a team concept. Tad had his hands full and I expect he's glad it's over.

If he became a franchise player that would be awesome.

Dinwiddie and White have turned our surprisingly good careers.
Don't forget Dre as well pre-injury.

I hope that Tad is developing a reputation as a coach who prepares guys for the league. Helps with recruiting, especially since we aren't going to beat a lot of schools with bag.

If he became a franchise player that would be awesome.

Dinwiddie and White have turned our surprisingly good careers.
I'm actually more surprised White has than Dinwiddie, figured Dinwiddie would be a good professional. He can shoot and he's a big guard. I thought White would be good, but he's exceeded expectations imho. Glad he shaved his head, I saw him getting grilled on TNT by Shaq and Barkley. :D

I'm actually more surprised White has than Dinwiddie, figured Dinwiddie would be a good professional. He can shoot and he's a big guard. I thought White would be good, but he's exceeded expectations imho. Glad he shaved his head, I saw him getting grilled on TNT by Shaq and Barkley. :D
Derrick White had an elite block percentage as a guard. Boucher, Eubanks, Metu and Melton also exceeded their draft position so maybe there is something about Block Percentage as a stat that translates to the NBA or it could be a weird coincidence.

Block Percentage (PAC-12)

1.Chris Boucher Oregon11.8
2.Kingsley Okoroh University of California10.8
3.Jordan Bell Oregon8.0
4.Drew Eubanks Oregon State7.8
5.Wesley Gordon Colorado6.9
6.Thomas Welsh UCLA5.3
7.Chimezie Metu USC5.1
8.Derrick White Colorado5.0
9.Elijah Stewart USC4.2
10.De'Anthony Melton USC3.9

Looking at advanced stats I noticed Nique Clifford is #4 in the country in effective field goal percentage. I wouldn't trade Cody for him but people often bring him up as a reason to avoid recruiting Colorado kids and he's killing it this year. He just needed a little longer to develop and I get that he didn't want to come off the bench in his Senior season.

KJ Simpson is #8 in Win Shares. It's a weird list though. Edey is #1 which makes sense but everyone else is from a G5. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/seasons/men/2024-leaders.html

Derrick White had an elite block percentage as a guard. Boucher, Eubanks, Metu and Melton also exceeded their draft position so maybe there is something about Block Percentage as a stat that translates to the NBA or it could be a weird coincidence.

Block Percentage (PAC-12)

1.Chris Boucher Oregon11.8
2.Kingsley Okoroh University of California10.8
3.Jordan Bell Oregon8.0
4.Drew Eubanks Oregon State7.8
5.Wesley Gordon Colorado6.9
6.Thomas Welsh UCLA5.3
7.Chimezie Metu USC5.1
8.Derrick White Colorado5.0
9.Elijah Stewart USC4.2
10.De'Anthony Melton USC3.9

Tyler ****ing Lydon.