What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CA SG Courtney Anderson (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I heard San Diego State offered him late. If that is true, I really like this pick up.
That's some nice validation, if true. I was happy seeing us beat out ASU and Cal for a prospect. But mostly I really like what I see on film and what I hear in interviews with him or about him.

Happy Celebration GIF

I heard San Diego State offered him late. If that is true, I really like this pick up.
Why exactly? Just wondering, I don't care or stay up till midnight to watch SDSU. Looking at his film, very good pick-up. He'll grow into his body some more, already has !ength. What I like the most is he can hit the J, but he can finish around the basket too. Doesn't have to be a dunk.

Why exactly? Just wondering, I don't care or stay up till midnight to watch SDSU. Looking at his film, very good pick-up. He'll grow into his body some more, already has !ength. What I like the most is he can hit the J, but he can finish around the basket too. Doesn't have to be a dunk.
SDSU has long had a great evaluate and develop program. Also a winning culture, Dutcher was with Fisher for 20 years. Fisher was the Fab 5 coach, but at SDSU he recruited athletic wings and they defend, play hard and win slug fests. Kawhi Leonard, Jalen McDaniels, Winston Shephardbeing some of the name. Also a big transfer, redshirt and produce guards team Malachi Flynn, Devin Watson, and Xavier Thames. Similar to football if Iowa is recruiting that offensive lineman, SC is recruiting the receiver, Washington the cornerback, if SDSU is recruiting a basketball player the kid is a good athletic high character player whether or not the national pundits see it or not.

See here:

SDSU has long had a great evaluate and develop program. Also a winning culture, Dutcher was with Fisher for 20 years. Fisher was the Fab 5 coach, but at SDSU he recruited athletic wings and they defend, play hard and win slug fests. Kawhi Leonard, Jalen McDaniels, Winston Shephardbeing some of the name. Also a big transfer, redshirt and produce guards team Malachi Flynn, Devin Watson, and Xavier Thames. Similar to football if Iowa is recruiting that offensive lineman, SC is recruiting the receiver, Washington the cornerback, if SDSU is recruiting a basketball player the kid is a good athletic high character player whether or not the national pundits see it or not.

SDSU is a perennially strong basketball program that wins. If they offer a player you know he is good.

See here:

SDSU is a perennially strong basketball program that wins. If they offer a player you know he is good.
Nothing against this guy as he looks great but San Diego State has not made the tournament since 2018 when they were an automatic qualifier. Haven't made it legitimately since 2015.

Last edited:
Nothing against this guy as he looks great but San Diego State has not made the tournament since 2018 when they were an automatic qualifier. Haven't made it legitimately since 2015.

What do you mean? They made it the last two years and won 30 games in 2019-2020 when the tournament was cancelled

Oh yeah, well aware of Fisher and the Fab 5. Didn't really follow him much at SDSU, knew they won quite a bit. Just a program I probably overlook because I hardly ever see them. Happy to see this young man coming to CU.

So strange to me still that Tad Boyle is turning a recruit like this, which would have been the backbone of prior classes, into someone who may be the lowest-rated player in the 2023 class. Anderson is a baller and seems like a bulldog on defense. Love his length

Lost in today's news - Anderson is really good. He's super young too, which is good because he probably won't get a whole lot of PT next year (Redshirt?) but it wouldn't surprise me if he found a small Tony Allen-role for the team next year. Either way, him getting to spend a year with Nique and Hadley is going to be a good thing.

and, like Williams, he gives a lot of credit to our warm atmosphere - how much the coaches care about the players.
For years, Tad has been successful going against coaches who flat out cheated. He has been uniformly honest and honorable. I think karma is paying him back.

"I love the culture there," Anderson said. "I was there for Alumni Weekend (Sept. 2-3) and all the (former) players came back and they were telling me how much they love the coaches, and the coaches love them back. So knowing all the players will still come back and the coaches show them love back was telling how the culture is there. And I like their playing style and everything they have going on."

Back