What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CO C Baye Fall (Signed to Arkansas)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

EBKtUOjXYAEKm2W.png

Denver Prep Academy (Denver, CO) / Lutheran HS (Parker, CO)

AAU: Colorado Hawks (Adidas)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBayeFall21

Ht: 6'10"
Wt: 200

247s rating: 5* - 98 grade; #1 C (#7 overall)
ESPN rating: 5* - 91 grade; #1 C (#16 overall)
Rivals rating: 5*; unranked C (#13 overall)

247sports Composite: 5* / 0.9973 rating / #1 C / #6 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Georgetown, Georgia, Illinois, Iona, Kansas, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Rutgers, South Carolina, Texas, UCLA, USC

Last edited:
One of the articles about Fall worth checking out here.
Sengal native is currently averaging 21.3 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game for his 15-2 Lutheran team who is one of the favorites this season in Colorado’s 3-A division.
It hasn’t taken long for major colleges to notice as Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Texas, Tennessee, Arizona State, Minnesota, Washington State and New Mexico have all expressed serious interest.

6’10, 200 lbs - that’s a kid who could use some time in the weight room.
I remember Josh Scott coming out of high school looking like a stick figure. Fall is still very young. He has a lot of time to grow into that frame.

6’10, 200 lbs - that’s a kid who could use some time in the weight room.
I remember Josh Scott coming out of high school looking like a stick figure. Fall is still very young. He has a lot of time to grow into that frame.
He is young enough that he shouldn't have much trouble filling out.

What is good with him though is that he seems to be comfortable with his length. He is able to run and spin and otherwise control his body without looking clumsy or tripping over himself.

He is going to further develop his skills and be a tall basketball player, not just a tall kid playing basketball.

Did Chris Thomas ever even play college ball? I honestly cant remember. I might be thinking of someone else.

Did Chris Thomas ever even play college ball? I honestly cant remember. I might be thinking of someone else.

I was thinking of the same thing. I remember him going JuCO, but I had no idea what happened to him after. The below article seems to be the best synopsis of what happened to him. On one hand, it sucks to see his decisions seemingly to have gotten in the way of a really productive basketball career. On the other hand, it's nice to see he was able to get things back on track and play in college and hopefully get an education (can't find if he graduated).

Just spitballing here, but with Lovering already committed, could it be that we aren’t in a position to take two centers in the same class? Would seem really weird to me, but I’m trying to figure out why we haven’t offered yet.

Just spitballing here, but with Lovering already committed, could it be that we aren’t in a position to take two centers in the same class? Would seem really weird to me, but I’m trying to figure out why we haven’t offered yet.

Different classes. This kid is several years away.

I should have noticed that. Thanks.
So I still have no idea why we haven’t offered.
Tad goes hard for in state kids with offers and commitments usually their Junior year, which if this kid is 2023 he's only just finished his freshman year of high school. If you look historically, Josh Scott, Dominique, Luke, the list goes on for ages, generally are offered and commit junior year. Also this kid only moved to Colorado recently, IIRC, like a year or two ago. So it's not like it's been somebody that grew up here, have been able to evaluate, develop relationships very long. All this is to say this kid is still very green, guarantee Tad is recruiting, but what's the point in offering now if the kid can't sign for 3 years. Half the battle is developing relationships, seeing where the kid develops, if there is mutual interest etc.

Tad goes hard for in state kids with offers and commitments usually their Junior year, which if this kid is 2023 he's only just finished his freshman year of high school. If you look historically, Josh Scott, Dominique, Luke, the list goes on for ages, generally are offered and commit junior year. Also this kid only moved to Colorado recently, IIRC, like a year or two ago. So it's not like it's been somebody that grew up here, have been able to evaluate, develop relationships very long. All this is to say this kid is still very green, guarantee Tad is recruiting, but what's the point in offering now if the kid can't sign for 3 years. Half the battle is developing relationships, seeing where the kid develops, if there is mutual interest etc.
Look at the post right above yours.
Picked up a 5* - 93 grade from ESPN. #6 overall recruit for 2023.
So, why haven't we offered? :ROFLMAO:

We may have, it may just not have been reported. Or maybe we did and he said he wasn't interested. I'm pretty sure the staff is aware of him and people are freaking out for no reason.
People need to remember that the school is not allowed to comment on recruits including who visits, who is offered, who commits, or anything else related to a potential student athlete.

As a result offers are reported by the kid themselves or sometimes a HS or AAU coach, a family member, or even a friend or teammate. Since the school can't comment there is no real verification.

From the looks of things this is a kid who is going to be able to go just about anywhere he wants to including CU. He is also not one of those kids who is into posting every detail of his recruiting process on social media so for right now what we are left with is speculation.

For those in a panic your post should be flagged just as a reminder to them.

People need to remember that the school is not allowed to comment on recruits including who visits, who is offered, who commits, or anything else related to a potential student athlete.

As a result offers are reported by the kid themselves or sometimes a HS or AAU coach, a family member, or even a friend or teammate. Since the school can't comment there is no real verification.

From the looks of things this is a kid who is going to be able to go just about anywhere he wants to including CU. He is also not one of those kids who is into posting every detail of his recruiting process on social media so for right now what we are left with is speculation.

For those in a panic your post should be flagged just as a reminder to them.

From that athletic article "And before he even played his first minute of high school ball, Fall got his first collegiate offer, from Minnesota. And he has already drawn attention from Colorado, Denver, Arizona State and Texas. " Looks like we are involved not sure where she got that info, maybe him or his coach, but she wouldn't have published without a source.

I forgot to mention that I saw Baye early in his freshman season. He is without a doubt a man amongst boys and pretty funny watching him at the 3A level. There just isn’t anyone that comes close to his size and athleticism. Again, like Dominque, it’s hard for me to evaluate because of the competition but he does dominate. Offensive game is raw, but he is a very talented rebounder and shot blocker. I think he had 10 blocks in the game I saw and they probably all came in the first half.

I would imagine he will be offered by everyone at the end of his HS career. I was told he has a brother on the team as well. I don’t think he is P5 quality or even division 1 quality but if I was Tad, I’d offer him a scholarship as well. He has a support system in Colorado, so Tad needs to highlight that massively. I was also told he may be a few years older than a freshman in HS.

With him being from Senegal, I’ve got to think he would be more open to Colorado than a states born player.

I forgot to mention that I saw Baye early in his freshman season. He is without a doubt a man amongst boys and pretty funny watching him at the 3A level. There just isn’t anyone that comes close to his size and athleticism. Again, like Dominque, it’s hard for me to evaluate because of the competition but he does dominate. Offensive game is raw, but he is a very talented rebounder and shot blocker. I think he had 10 blocks in the game I saw and they probably all came in the first half.

I would imagine he will be offered by everyone at the end of his HS career. I was told he has a brother on the team as well. I don’t think he is P5 quality or even division 1 quality but if I was Tad, I’d offer him a scholarship as well. He has a support system in Colorado, so Tad needs to highlight that massively. I was also told he may be a few years older than a freshman in HS.

With him being from Senegal, I’ve got to think he would be more open to Colorado than a states born player.

Nice insight man. Granted he's a freshman, so I'll of course take your analysis for what it's worth. Still, not even P5 level sounds a bit harsh. Have you seen Jalen Weaver at all - thoughts?

Similar to Dallas, I think anytime we have a 7-fter that can move a little and has some skill in our backyard, we have to take him. Mills and I think his name was Dombouya (early 2000s) were the epitome of tall stiffs imo, and Baye already seems to be much better as a 14-15 year old. Even if he's still a project by the time he's 17/18, I hope we go after him, assuming we don't have a backlog of projects already on the team for some odd reason.

Nice insight man. Granted he's a freshman, so I'll of course take your analysis for what it's worth. Still, not even P5 level sounds a bit harsh. Have you seen Jalen Weaver at all - thoughts?

Similar to Dallas, I think anytime we have a 7-fter that can move a little and has some skill in our backyard, we have to take him. Mills and I think his name was Dombouya (early 2000s) were the epitome of tall stiffs imo, and Baye already seems to be much better as a 14-15 year old. Even if he's still a project by the time he's 17/18, I hope we go after him, assuming we don't have a backlog of projects already on the team for some odd reason.
Sorry, was talking about Baye's brother (now that I think about it, it might be a cousin, or at least a relative). Baye is definitely a division 1/P5 player. Baye will be elite if he can put together an offensive game. I mean, he is probably already there as a freshman in HS.

I haven't seen Jalen or heard anything but he plays in the best league in Colorado, do there's that.

Back