What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CO PF Assane Diop (Signed to COLORADO)

Okay. Do we actually have NIL benefactors for basketball? Does Tad have a bag man? It just doesn’t seem possible to sign these players without a competitive ‘package’.

My take in next year's lineup?

PG: KJ
SG: Clifford
SF: Williams
PF: Da Silva
C: Lovering

The lead ball handler will be Williams though. He's a PG regardless of his height. Not sure I love that lineup from a scoring standpoint though.

Key backups

PG: Hammond
SG: Ruffin
SF: Allen/O'Brien
PF/C: Diop/Hurlburt

TBD: Smith and Anderson.

I could honestly see Williams starting out the year as the leader of the second unit. That second unit has far more shooting ability than the starters.
No Hadley?

Very happy about the signing of Assane Diop and of course Cody Williams joining the herd. It is still early in the season but I must be missing something, because I don't see any great improvement (like some posters) in Lawson Lovering and I never miss a game on television. He still is very robotic in his movement, is not aggressive offensively and doesn't look confident at all. He made a couple of plays against Tennessee, which was great to see, but so far he isn't a center who will be able to match up against the best big men in the Pac 12. Not even close. He does seem to make some decent passes but the Buffs are going to need a lot more out of him this season. That's part of the reason I am mystified about why anyone would think Williams and even Drop , would not be big factors next season. They are both athletic front court guys and that has been in short supply in Colorado for a while. Unless I see some dramatic improvement this season, Lovering will not be standing in the way of these guys being key cogs on a great team in 2023.

Very happy about the signing of Assane Diop and of course Cody Williams joining the herd. It is still early in the season but I must be missing something, because I don't see any great improvement (like some posters) in Lawson Lovering and I never miss a game on television. He still is very robotic in his movement, is not aggressive offensively and doesn't look confident at all. He made a couple of plays against Tennessee, which was great to see, but so far he isn't a center who will be able to match up against the best big men in the Pac 12. Not even close. He does seem to make some decent passes but the Buffs are going to need a lot more out of him this season. That's part of the reason I am mystified about why anyone would think Williams and even Drop , would not be big factors next season. They are both athletic front court guys and that has been in short supply in Colorado for a while. Unless I see some dramatic improvement this season, Lovering will not be standing in the way of these guys being key cogs on a great team in 2023.
Preach! Not being able to dunk a ball on a loose ball or rebound while standing under the basket is stunning for a 7 footer. I love the kid, but he will be Mason Plumlee to Joker for the Buffs.

Diop is averaging 11.6ppg, 8.6rpg, 3.2 apg through the first 5 games on their season. Note: AP gives 9-10 dudes significant PT every game.

On a related note: When are we going to offer Mikey Lewis Jr '24? That dude can absolutely fill it up from anywhere. He's averaging 25ppg and his offer list is trash. What gives???

Diop is averaging 11.6ppg, 8.6rpg, 3.2 apg through the first 5 games on their season. Note: AP gives 9-10 dudes significant PT every game.

On a related note: When are we going to offer Mikey Lewis Jr '24? That dude can absolutely fill it up from anywhere. He's averaging 25ppg and his offer list is trash. What gives???
Bigs numbers in high school are always skewed. Guards in high school never feed bigs. Ref's don't know how to ref bigs. And high school coaches don't make the concerted effort to feed bigs like college. I always take them with a grain of salt.

Bigs numbers in high school are always skewed. Guards in high school never feed bigs. Ref's don't know how to ref bigs. And high school coaches don't make the concerted effort to feed bigs like college. I always take them with a grain of salt.
I also don't care much about high school games and neither do college recruiters. It's all about camps and traveling teams.

I also don't care much about high school games and neither do college recruiters. It's all about camps and traveling teams.
I'd tend to disagree to a point, there are only so many high profile players to go around. If you consider clubs and so on can only garner X number of elites by position. After the first 5 the drop off begins, when I watch the big name ringer schools play in tournaments the elites get more playing time partly for exposure true but they still want to win.
I watched King (NY) play Sierra (CA) the game wasn't that close and it wasn't a fair match up for a high school contest due to a stacked roster of current/former NBA players sons vs public.
To your point in the op, I try to take in at least one HS game a week around the Houston area I've seen several D1 coaches in attendance especially if it's close to home.

My point is those are great numbers considering the compettion, the number of players getting PT and the facts you stated. (y) And just shade below Fall in all categories.

FYI - He's not playing a HS schedule. Accelerated is the Grind Session league playing some of the best Basketball Prep Academies from around the nation.

FYI - He's not playing a HS schedule. Accelerated is the Grind Session league playing some of the best Basketball Prep Academies from around the nation.
Very meaningful then if he's playing with and against others who will play college ball on some level. 👍

Back