What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 OH OT Jordan Hall (Signed to UAB)

Same. He is a giant human, but his tape is terrible IMO. He is gonna need some seasoning before he's ready for P5 football.
His tape isn't that bad, but I get where you're coming from. From the looks of the entire line, I'm pretty sure whoever is coaching that group at KIPP isn't exactly getting it done.

An Ohio All State Left Tackle's tape is terrible? He's clearly not a finished product and not a day one starter, but he will compete for PT after a RS year.
Yak is clearly unable to see anything but gold these days.
This guys early tape is awful. His more recent tape shows much better.
But PT after a RS year seems aggressive!

I looked at his initial tape and saw Nembot. Actually, the Austrian's tape looked better!
A hugely gifted human, who never became what I thought he would. He got better each year, but it took him 3 years on campus to get to the point where he wasn't a liability much of the time.

Yak is clearly unable to see anything but gold these days.
This guys early tape is awful. His more recent tape shows much better.
But PT after a RS year seems aggressive!

I looked at his initial tape and saw Nembot. Actually, the Austrian's tape looked better!
A hugely gifted human, who never became what I thought he would. He got better each year, but it took him 3 years on campus to get to the point where he wasn't a liability much of the time.
Thanks, Maximus!

OL is a highly technical position and the kid just started playing, but has already shown improvement. He has size, and agility from basketball. He’s exactly what you want in a developmental prospect
Agreed, and I'll say it again. This kid hasn't received sh!t for coaching. Let's see what happens when he gets coached by somebody who knows what they're doing.

He's a knee-bender with good deep-hip flexibility. His hand placement is off the charts! And our new OL coach is the best ever. Best.
The new S&C coach is going to also give me a giant erection, whoever it is. I can feel it!
I assumed we were all looking at his Senior film at this point, which looks fairly good and an all state accolade backs it up. I also see that his primary sport was basketball, so he is a pretty athletic, large human. He needs some coaching and a couple offseasons in a college S&C program and then I think he'll compete for time.

Of course, this is all subject to change if we are really about to recruit at a level where we are getting in-home visits with #1 overall OL prospects.

Is first team all state in Ohio good?
Of the Division 4 Offensive linemen that were named All State first team, I could find only one other with P5 offers, and another with G5. Several weren't found in the 247 database, so could have missed them in some way. "Freddie Johnson" seems to be the P5 recruit. Could be data error on my end.....

Fred Johnson Jr., Cleveland Glenville, 6-5, 320, jr.; Kaden Riddle, Bellville Clear Fork, 6-4, 270, sr.; Isaac Clary, Gallipolis Gallia Academy, 6-7, 305, sr.; Mason Ludwig, East Liverpool, 6-5, 290, sr.; Jordan Hall, KIPP Columbus, 6-8, 330, sr.; Owen Trick, Clarksville Clinton-Massie, 6-2, 265, sr.; AJ Howard, Cincinnati Wyoming, 6-0, 260, sr.; Mitchell Coffee, Beloit West Branch, 6-3, 245, sr.

The kid is clearly a project with a ceiling that rests somewhere around 14,000 ft. I expect to see our OL be almost entirely turned over with transfers, and a few additional decent back ups. These are the types of kids you take a flyer on. The difference now being, I expect to see him leave the program after 1-2 years if he isn't progressing the way this staff hopes.

The most exciting thing to me about the OLs like Hall is that it's not just about them being massive (don't get me wrong, I love massive OLs). But the thing that gets me is they're being recruited to play in the Sean Lewis system where all 5 OLs have to be able to pull and get to the 2nd level. These guys are athletes with great feet... who are also massive.

Agreed, and I'll say it again. This kid hasn't received sh!t for coaching. Let's see what happens when he gets coached by somebody who knows what they're doing.
I agree with the coaching. observation And if Coach Primes' son is QB1, sure bet OL is going to be a big priority.

You know how many of us have said for years that stars matter but you have to look further?

It applies to guys like Hall who have legit offers and NFL measurables.

It never applied to trying to justify very productive HS players who weren't big or fast & had offers to Ivy League, Service Academies and a couple decent G5s local to them.

I'm hoping everyone sees the difference.

You know how many of us have said for years that stars matter but you have to look further?

It applies to guys like Hall who have legit offers and NFL measurables.

It never applied to trying to justify very productive HS players who weren't big or fast & had offers to Ivy League, Service Academies and a couple decent G5s local to them.

I'm hoping everyone sees the difference.
Not only did he start late, but he went to a small KIPP charter school. I wouldn't imagine that's on a lot of scouting circuits.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Opened his commitment. I wonder if we found someone else?

If the Penn State offer is legit then maybe somebody else saw him they way they did. If so it may be that somebody showed up with a bag for him that either we weren't willing to match or it was a school closer to home. Lot of B1G schools within a one day drive for mom and dad.

If the PSU offer wasn't legit then yes he might have been recruited over.

Either way good luck to him.

If the Penn State offer is legit then maybe somebody else saw him they way they did. If so it may be that somebody showed up with a bag for him that either we weren't willing to match or it was a school closer to home. Lot of B1G schools within a one day drive for mom and dad.

If the PSU offer wasn't legit then yes he might have been recruited over.

Either way good luck to him.
He said his recruitment is open and he’s not signing tomorrow. Big bag theory seems about as likely as the lab leak theory.

Back