What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR S Shilo Sanders (Committed to COLORADO)

There could be any number of explanations for this, but at the end of this video, Shilo Sanders is in Boulder CO. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

On Shiloh's Instagram he said he was out here visiting for the first time and going to sit down with the defensive coaches and learn about what they plan to do. Probably safe to consider this weekend an "unofficial visit"

Jesus, that lady was an absolute psycho
Same as my reaction every time I see another offer to a 4 or 5 star.🤷🏽‍♂️

Sad The Office GIF

There was a lot of discussion around whether he would follow CP to Boulder and he addressed some of that in this interview: (SIAP)

All I saw was a woman having an emotional breakdown because she is in witness of a miracle.

we don’t know her past or present. She could have lost numerous loved ones over the past few years, and seeing the miracle that is Coach Prime, in the flesh, probably overwhelmed her.

I’m not here to assume that’s she’s crazy, and I don’t think it’s cringe. I think this program has refused to be a beacon of hope for the residents of Boulder and buff fans alike, for two decades. Hope is the strongest driving emotion for humans, it can lead an army out numbered to a victory, it can lead a football team to a championship, and it can take a emotionally abused town out of its misery and into a town with hope for the future.

All I saw was a woman having an emotional breakdown because she is in witness of a miracle.

we don’t know her past or present. She could have lost numerous loved ones over the past few years, and seeing the miracle that is Coach Prime, in the flesh, probably overwhelmed her.

I’m not here to assume that’s she’s crazy, and I don’t think it’s cringe. I think this program has refused to be a beacon of hope for the residents of Boulder and buff fans alike, for two decades. Hope is the strongest driving emotion for humans, it can lead an army out numbered to a victory, it can lead a football team to a championship, and it can take a emotionally abused town out of its misery and into a town with hope for the future.
**** you

I had the same thought, hahaha. Nope, 50 feels nice and toasty in Colorado. Whereas 50 in a humid climate like Houston is pretty dang cold.
Lets not forget the thermal effect of being 5,000 ft closer to the sun🦬

I don’t think PWOs can participate in all team activities.
PWO can participate in virtually all activities that a scholarship athlete can. The only real difference is that the school cannot provide them financial assistance including tuition, fees, books, living expenses.

The school is limited in how many athletes in each revenue sport can be designated as PWOs. Don't remember the number but believe it is either 20 or 30.

Regulations are much tighter with walk-ons who are not designated as Preferred. They may not participate in organized team activities (including off-season training) until a designated date prior to the first game. This is normally a couple weeks after fall camp starts.

In theory a coach could probably designate his son or sons as PWOs, pay their expenses, and open a couple of scholarships. There must be some kind of rule against it though because the coaches kids I know of who have gone the school where their father coaches have gone on scholarship and counted against the number.

IIRC some former NFL players, non-coaches, have sent their kids to Miami and also IIRC USC and paid their way freeing up a scholarship.

I Love Trevor Woods!!! I thought he was the third best player on the team last year. But, is Shilo better - probably. Definitely need him in the rotation.

PWO can participate in virtually all activities that a scholarship athlete can. The only real difference is that the school cannot provide them financial assistance including tuition, fees, books, living expenses.

The school is limited in how many athletes in each revenue sport can be designated as PWOs. Don't remember the number but believe it is either 20 or 30.

Regulations are much tighter with walk-ons who are not designated as Preferred. They may not participate in organized team activities (including off-season training) until a designated date prior to the first game. This is normally a couple weeks after fall camp starts.

In theory a coach could probably designate his son or sons as PWOs, pay their expenses, and open a couple of scholarships. There must be some kind of rule against it though because the coaches kids I know of who have gone the school where their father coaches have gone on scholarship and counted against the number.

IIRC some former NFL players, non-coaches, have sent their kids to Miami and also IIRC USC and paid their way freeing up a scholarship.
Almost all of this is inaccurate. I’m on vacation so I’m not going to go document it.

PWO isn’t even a defined thing, with the ncaa. there’s no limit. It’s the same as any walkon. It means zero assistance financially. All walking can now get meals.

Last edited:
There is a total roster limit of 105 until classes start, then it is unlimited. Walk-ons are allowed to eat training table but they have to pay for it (out of the meal plan or cash) unless they have changed that. I don't think there are any other differences.

AFAIK, the only difference between a walk-on and a "preferred" walk-on is whether you're among the guys invited to fall camp before regular students are back on campus. Total camp participants is capped at 105.

AFAIK, the only difference between a walk-on and a "preferred" walk-on is whether you're among the guys invited to fall camp before regular students are back on campus. Total camp participants is capped at 105.
That. Preferred walk-on (or invited walk-on) basically is a promise by the staff that you will get a look. Everyone else who tries to walk-on often may not even get that.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could rotate players in who specialized in running or passing downs.
For example out of the returning LBs, Mister Williams played well against the run and is fine in a goal line package. But his pass defense made him otherwise unplayable. Hate to single him out because we have others who were limited like that, but it is what it is.

Back