What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR SDE Marshawn Kneeland (Withdrawn from Portal)

Let me explain what I mean. If a guy has no coverage ability, regardless of how he's lined up, 2 or 3 point stance, he's a traditional DE. He's got no ability in space. He and Kneeland are similar in that regard, so getting his scholarship opened up after one year is the biggest positive here.
Okay, I am not sure why are you so upset about Upshaw in Kneeland's post, let me just put it in this way.

Kneeland is a traditional, hand on the ground DE.

Upshaw is a stand up, DE/OLB tweener.

They are essentially playing two different positions.

Upshaw could be JAG for us, could be a bench player. Taking him is still better than taking Kneeland because Kneeland won't even have a position here.

Can we move on?

What I can’t figure out from this thread is - did he withdraw, or was he released?
From what I gather, he withdrew, but after being told he wouldn't be a DE... I think they let him know he was going inside...

Just my take, obviously nothing confirmed 100% from what I have seen.
Yep. My reading of the tea leaves is that he wants to play Lang's position and that doesn't exist in this defense.
I liked Kneeland as well but if he doesn't fit what they are trying to do, I'm going to go ahead and trust the experienced coaching staff on that. Call me crazy

So we never had a definitive answer on why Kneeland took his ball and went home to Western Michigan. Nonetheless, he is a hot prospect rolling into the Senior Bowl. Here is a blurb re: Kneeland from Dane Brugler of The Athletic today.

"Several Senior Bowl pass rushers stand out as prospects who aren’t well-known names now but could make noise this week and rise.

If you only watched the Eastern Michigan tape, you would think Western Michigan’s Marshawn Kneeland was a first-round player in this draft. With his length, power and effort, he has the foundation of a pass rusher who will stick in the league. Don’t be surprised if Kneeland sneaks into the top-60 mix."

So we never had a definitive answer on why Kneeland took his ball and went home to Western Michigan. Nonetheless, he is a hot prospect rolling into the Senior Bowl. Here is a blurb re: Kneeland from Dane Brugler of The Athletic today.
And we didn't need him, lol

Back