What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 LA ATH Ju'Juan Johnson

We will return to our regularly scheduled Hula Hooping

Tired Nap GIF by Paul McCartney

Jesus, that LSU board. Racist much?

Prime can barely speak English. How’s gonna be able to out coach the qualified??

But McCartney was a great HC/CEO.

We don’t know how good Sanders is. We will find out soon. If he can be an able CEO of the team, CU could be legit.

But that is a huge if!

So Sanders is just a recruiter, but McCartney was a great CEO! FFS, in the Boot, Sanders can't even be Black McCartney.

Those comments would get run off this board in a blink of an eye. On the LSU board, crickets.

My best friend has lived all over the world, and currently lives in Savannah Georgia, which is a fairly progressive area in the southeast. So he knows the southeast a bit. His daughter currently attends CU, so he is a fan, and knows college football. When Deion first started being mentioned in as a candidate for available P5 head coach jobs in 2022, Auburn seemed to be a natural destination. My friend said no way, due to the still existing Old Boy culture there. He was right; Deion had no firm SEC offers. I'm pretty sure that Colorado's total of 4 non-interim Black head football coaches exceeds the historical total of the entire SEC.

My best friend has lived all over the world, and currently lives in Savannah Georgia, which is a fairly progressive area in the southeast. So he knows the southeast a bit. His daughter currently attends CU, so he is a fan, and knows college football. When Deion first started being mentioned in as a candidate for available P5 head coach jobs in 2022, Auburn seemed to be a natural destination. My friend said no way, due to the still existing Old Boy culture there. He was right; Deion had no firm SEC offers. I'm pretty sure that Colorado's total of 4 non-interim Black head football coaches exceeds the historical total of the entire SEC.
Someone on 247 said that he knows for a fact the Auburn wanted Prime and Prime said no.

Someone on 247 said that he knows for a fact the Auburn wanted Prime and Prime said no.
Would want to see more solid actual confirmation but could certainly see that happening.

Prime wants to be respected and the money is a way of measuring respect but Prime is also highly motivated by wanting to make a difference for students of color and students from lower economic backgrounds (major overlap there.)

He showed this over the past couple of years at Jackson State when he used significant amounts of his own money to make sure the program had things it needed and even certain non-athletic things were funded.

I could see him having a legitimate concern at many schools about having the authority and support to do the things he needs to have this impact on students. He doesn't want to just be the "token" celebrity Black coach but the decisions and power in the hands of others.

Would want to see more solid actual confirmation but could certainly see that happening.

Prime wants to be respected and the money is a way of measuring respect but Prime is also highly motivated by wanting to make a difference for students of color and students from lower economic backgrounds (major overlap there.)

He showed this over the past couple of years at Jackson State when he used significant amounts of his own money to make sure the program had things it needed and even certain non-athletic things were funded.

I could see him having a legitimate concern at many schools about having the authority and support to do the things he needs to have this impact on students. He doesn't want to just be the "token" celebrity Black coach but the decisions and power in the hands of others.
If you look back on Deion's first presser in Colorado, he specifically mentioned Colorado as being an institution which has hired Black head football coaches at a rate far above any other school.

If you look back on Deion's first presser in Colorado, he specifically mentioned Colorado as being an institution which has hired Black head football coaches at a rate far above any other school.
I, for one, was happy to sacrifice the last 12 years of the program with the Embree, Tucker and Dorrell hires, knowing full well it would mean our best days were yet to come. /s

Back