What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Verbal to other '25 CA QB Bekkem Kritza

Da Lama

****ty hot take machine
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl

16301285823047851.jpg
Miami Central HS (Miami, FL) / Santa Margarita Catholic HS (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) / Fairview HS (Boulder, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/stretch2025
Instagram:

Ht: 6'4.5"
Wt: 185
40:

247s rating: 4* - 90 grade; #5 QB (#56 overall)
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated QB (#47 overall)
On3 rating: 4* - 90 grade; unranked QB

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9795 rating / #3 QB / #40 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, CSU, Kansas, Texas A&M, Texas St

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a long time since we pulled a kid from Fairview.

As someone that used to go to Boulder High, I'm not too fond of that school.

He might outgrow the position.
That won't happen. He's an extremely talented QB and has been groomed for it. He'll top out at 6'6. Leads the state in passing as Frosh. If we don't offer soon and pull out all the stops, we'll be left in the dust by all the big time programs. Our best bet is to get all over him before the rest of the country catches word of him.

That won't happen. He's an extremely talented QB and has been groomed for it. He'll top out at 6'6. Leads the state in passing as Frosh. If we don't offer soon and pull out all the stops, we'll be left in the dust by all the big time programs. Our best bet is to get all over him before the rest of the country catches word of him.
Every Fairview QB leads the state in passing every season. That has rarely, if ever, turned into college success. Of course that doesn't mean he won't be a stud in college. Regardless, I will always remain skeptical of Colorado high school QBs. Can't remember the last one who went on to have success at any level really, outside of Colin Klein at KSU.

Every Fairview QB leads the state in passing every season. That has rarely, if ever, turned into college success. Of course that doesn't mean he won't be a stud in college. Regardless, I will always remain skeptical of Colorado high school QBs. Can't remember the last one who went on to have success at any level really, outside of Colin Klein at KSU.
It's true, Tom doesn't believe in a run game. Atkinson would've been a stud at Northwestern. Anders Hill could've easily played G5 anywhere and been fine, but chose to go Ivy and Liam O'Brien will be at Penn next year. Not shabby.

It's true, Tom doesn't believe in a run game. Atkinson would've been a stud at Northwestern. Anders Hill could've easily played G5 anywhere and been fine, but chose to go Ivy and Liam O'Brien will be at Penn next year. Not shabby.
I mean, good for those guys, but that feels like the definition of shabby, with respect to the University of Colorado going after in-state QBs...

Ty Evans - NC State commit, now at Texas State
Blake Stenstrom - CU commit, now at Princeton
Dylan McCaffrey - Michigan commit, now at Northern Colorado
Luke McCaffrey - Nebraska commit, transfer to Louisville, now at Rice
Alex Padilla - Iowa commit, now a CORNER for Iowa
Matt Lynch - UCLA commit, never played and now a TE for CU

Those are the notable QBs dating back to the 2017 recruiting class. There just isn't the competition or development resources for QB here like CA, TX, etc.

Does this staff even know how to pull out all the stops? Seems like they think an all out blitz is a post card and an email.

and we are expecting this from those in charge of recruiting ?

images

I mean, good for those guys, but that feels like the definition of shabby, with respect to the University of Colorado going after in-state QBs...

Luke McCaffrey - ****braska commit, transfer to Louisville, now at Rice

Those are the notable QBs dating back to the 2017 recruiting class. There just isn't the competition or development resources for QB here like CA, TX, etc

Those are the notable QBs dating back to the 2017 recruiting class. There just isn't the competition or development resources for QB here like CA, TX, etc.
I like your post. But I think QBs are hard to project. Herbert was ranked #659 nationally. So if you have a small sample size, and given that there is generally one or more QBs added to the roster every year, but only one starts, I don't find the above to be that surprising. The "failure" rate might be consistent with other states.

Most of the QB's listed above were not top 500 recruits. Your list does not include Cyler Miles who was a top 100 recruit. He started as a sophomore at UW and had success before injury ended his career. Point is - don't recruit someone just because they are from CO. But don't avoid them for that reason either.

Most of the QB's listed above were not top 500 recruits. Your list does not include Cyler Miles who was a top 100 recruit. He started as a sophomore at UW and had success before injury ended his career. Point is - don't recruit someone just because they are from CO. But don't avoid them for that reason either.
My take on this is closer to Alabaster's. No, if a guy from CO is miles above everyone else, definitely recruit him. But, with QB more than almost any other position, strength of competition matters. The talent of top HS football in TX, CA, GA, FL is almost a different sport from what is played in CO.

With that in mind, I really wouldn't recruit a CO prep QB unless they're an absolute can't miss.

Without going back and looking at every other QB, I have to imagine Cyler Miles is one of the highest rated CO QBs over the last 10-15+ years at a 4* 95 grade and the #2 Dual Threat in the country and top 100 overall recruit.

I agree that, in a vacuum, the state of origin shouldn't be the determining factor, but there are reasons why there has basically never been a highly successful QB recruit from Colorado. Maybe more than any other position, the level of competition matters for QB evaluation, and Colorado's is not good. It makes a lot of very mediocre guys look good and they can put up ridiculous numbers.

To me, this discussion is like the "do stars matter" to an extent. Sure, you can find a low 3* with one P5 offer and he can develop into a stud, but the odds are very much stacked against you.

Transferred from Fairview to Santa Margarita Catholic in California a few weeks ago. Just another example of how the new CFB SOP is going to trickle down into high school football. 3rd state in 3 years for the kid to play. Dad thinks he knows best. My money says he transfers one more time, likely before his senior year.

Could be more attractive for potential NIL deals playing for a more prominent school in a bigger football state.

Transferred from Fairview to Santa Margarita Catholic in California a few weeks ago. Just another example of how the new CFB SOP is going to trickle down into high school football. 3rd state in 3 years for the kid to play. Dad thinks he knows best. My money says he transfers one more time, likely before his senior year.
If he starts at Santa Margarita he will stay there, if not he will leave. Starting QB at a Trinity League school will get you seen and most likely quite a few offers. I could not find if he started their 1st game or not

If he starts at Santa Margarita he will stay there, if not he will leave. Starting QB at a Trinity League school will get you seen and most likely quite a few offers. I could not find if he started their 1st game or not
He's sitting behind a senior committed to UAB who is not that great. Odd choice all around given SM's mediocity the last decade.

Back