What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

a great piece on medium about our Buffs and this latest horrible loss.

Great paragraph here with the key point bolded, Tucker was the only coach I've been excited about since Barnett got canned:

Ever since the night that Tucker fled Boulder there’s been a sense of dread among the CU faithful. College football is changing rapidly, and Tucker seemed like the last chance for the Buffs to play among the “haves” and not the “have nots”. Here was a guy who came from big-time football and knew how to play ball with recruiting. Whatever his methods were, he was attracting talent to Boulder, and the fans were happy to go along for the ride. When he left, the momentum left with him.

Meh. Way too bloated. Way too self-referential. Way too self reverential too. Way too trying hard to be cleaver. That article needed an (obviously absent) editor badly. Very badly.

And isn’t the whole article just the latest in a string of similar restatements of the obvious that we have seen here and elsewhere over the years?

So, the Minnesota game was an embarrassment to everyone associated with CU football, from the team, to the fans, to the coaches, and admin? No ****, Sherlock.

So HCKD wasn’t the first choice? I had never heard that before. What a revelation!

So CU has been relegated often to the PAC-12 Network? That’s some serious journalism to come up with that conclusion.

At this point it is pretty obvious to even a passing casual observer that CU football is on the wrong trajectory. But catastrophic? Maybe, but teams have come back from worse many times. Anyone with half a brain can see that Lewis has been completely, utterly, and amazingly poorly coached. That is something that can be theoretically fixed (I personally put the chances of that happening somewhere north of “none” but way south of “slim.”)

CU’s situation is far from a nothingburger. That article is a turkey nothingburger.

Meh. Way too bloated. Way too self-referential. Way too self reverential too. Way too trying hard to be cleaver. That article needed an (obviously absent) editor badly. Very badly.

And isn’t the whole article just the latest in a string of similar restatements of the obvious that we have seen here and elsewhere over the years?

So, the Minnesota game was an embarrassment to everyone associated with CU football, from the team, to the fans, to the coaches, and admin? No ****, Sherlock.

So HCKD wasn’t the first choice? I had never heard that before. What a revelation!

So CU has been relegated often to the PAC-12 Network? That’s some serious journalism to come up with that conclusion.

At this point it is pretty obvious to even a passing casual observer that CU football is on the wrong trajectory. But catastrophic? Maybe, but teams have come back from worse many times. Anyone with half a brain can see that Lewis has been completely, utterly, and amazingly poorly coached. That is something that can be theoretically fixed (I personally put the chances of that happening somewhere north of “none” but way south of “slim.”)

CU’s situation is far from a nothingburger. That article is a turkey nothingburger.
I think you are saying….

giphy.gif

I hate it when journalists try to be cleaver.

I also found it a bit of a melodramatic over-reaction.

This comment needed an editor.

The critique offered by Mr. Bomba is accurate. My writing is always too grandiose and self absorbed, and I spend too much time laying out the facts of the case, because I want people to understand context - even when many in the audience already know it.

There's a reason this was published on medium. It was too over the top for the publisher I sent it to. Still, I'm glad people seem to have enjoyed it for the most part.

The critique offered by Mr. Bomba is accurate. My writing is always too grandiose and self absorbed, and I spend too much time laying out the facts of the case, because I want people to understand context - even when many in the audience already know it.

There's a reason this was published on medium. It was too over the top for the publisher I sent it to. Still, I'm glad people seem to have enjoyed it for the most part.
I thought it was perfect. Thank you

One correction. The article misstates that Landman tore his meniscus. Wrong joint. Way easier injury to recover from.

Your posts both here and 247 generally suck, so you should relax on the criticism

I liked it. I won't pretend to be a journalistic critic, but i enjoyed it.

Serious question, not a critique.

I know what the word "existential" means, but don't understand the significance of it's use in the title. Can you help me out?

Back