What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alfano arrested

I don't think he's gone from that. It also happened before his last epilepsy test, the University was aware.

Regardless he probably won't ever play a down of football.

2nd arrest in a year and has never played a down, not looking good and especially after reading how KD wants vetted players

What the **** with the comments in here? Victim mentality? FCS program? He gone? Why?
Just seems like a trend. No matter where he has played since HS he has burned bridges and had issues. Hell, the kid has never been able to even play a snap of CFB and that’s not due to talent.
At some point it stops being an anomaly and just is who he is.

Just seems like a trend. No matter where he has played since HS he has burned bridges and had issues. Hell, the kid has never been able to even play a snap of CFB and that’s not due to talent.
At some point it stops being an anomaly and just is who he is.
But this is the first troublesome issue. The other problems have been due to family and/or serious health issues.

But this is the first troublesome issue. The other problems have been due to family and/or serious health issues.
Not true. I responded to you in the Alfaro thread, but you remember this, right?
A week after announcing the former five-star freshman “disappeared a little bit,” Alabama’s head coach drew a line in the sand Wednesday, explaining that the most recent recruiting class’ No. 1 rated defensive end has quit on the Crimson Tide in his eyes.
“I just know that the guy basically quit. He quit going to class, he quit coming here (to the football complex),” Saban said Wednesday, showing rare candor regarding an internal matter. “We tried to encourage him, we tried to help him. We set up counseling sessions with him to help him every way we could, and all those things are still available to him if he wants them. But he didn’t respond to any of the things. So until he responds, you have to assume the guy quit.”
This is a pattern with Alfano. He always has a convenient excuse for not showing up though.

Not true. I responded to you in the Alfaro thread, but you remember this, right?

This is a pattern with Alfano. He always has a convenient excuse for not showing up though.
That’s not a troublesome issue and it didn’t happen at CU. Why do you care what happened at Alabama that is literally the only reason he’s even at CU?

That’s not a troublesome issue and it didn’t happen at CU. Why do you care what happened at Alabama that is literally the only reason he’s even at CU?
Patterns of behaviors. These incidents are all very similar. What good is having a kid on the team who thinks he can disappear on coaches and teammates whenever he wants?

Patterns of behaviors. These incidents are all very similar. What good is having a kid on the team who thinks he can disappear on coaches and teammates whenever he wants?
CU is a program that should be attempting everything in their power to keep a talent like him on the team, and yes, he should get many chances. He served his suspension for not showing up for voluntary workouts at CU. This is the second issue. As nik said, it’s only an issue if CU wants it to be an issue.

CU is a program that should be attempting everything in their power to keep a talent like him on the team, and yes, he should get many chances. He served his suspension for not showing up for voluntary workouts at CU. This is the second issue. As nik said, it’s only an issue if CU wants it to be an issue.
Only an issue if CU makes it one? So again, this isn’t an Alfano problem, it’s a CU problem?? Weird take. Alfano made this a problem when he decided to commit crimes.

He’s proven himself to be completely unreliable. I hope he gets his life in order, but not on CU’s dime.

Only an issue if CU makes it one? So again, this isn’t an Alfano problem, it’s a CU problem?? Weird take. Alfano made this a problem when he decided to commit crimes.

He’s proven himself to be completely unreliable. I hope he gets his life in order, but not on CU’s dime.
I didn’t say it’s a CU problem. I said it’s only an issue that warrants dismissal if CU decides it is. He doesn’t have a pattern of criminal behavior like you’re making it out to be. He’s only at CU because he quit on Alabama, which you sure were fine with at the time, so why are you using that as one of his strokes at CU?

Also, I know, CU should only recruit choir boys who wanna be Buffs. I get it.

I’m not sure I’d say “it’s only an issue if CU decides to make it an issue“ about a criminal charge that is very commonly due to domestic violence.

In this case, these issue may well be tied in to his medical condition, and with his diagnosis, there may be a path to overcoming the underlying issue.

I didn’t say it’s a CU problem. I said it’s only an issue that warrants dismissal if CU decides it is. He doesn’t have a pattern of criminal behavior like you’re making it out to be. He’s only at CU because he quit on Alabama, which you sure were fine with at the time, so why are you using that as one of his strokes at CU?

Also, I know, CU should only recruit choir boys who wanna be Buffs. I get it.
I was fine with CU giving the kid a second shot after Bama. But then when he bailed on his teammates here in a similar fashion I looked at that as a pattern. I would have cut him loose then. What’s happened subsequently (blaming the AD for his not getting tested, arrested with two charges pending) should absolutely lead to his dismissal.
Also, cut the **** about “choir boys” out. That’s a weak attempt to skew the argument. I’m fine with them recruiting kids and giving them a chance. But if that kid proves he’s not going to live up to his end of the bargain, cut his ass.

I'd like more context... I mean, police suck as a general rule, but why was he being arrested? Who was he allegedly harassing? Did he communicate with the university regarding the situation and was he candid or did he try to hide it?

Also, I was under the impression he couldn't drive/was more or less homebound because of the seizures, so who was he with? Did he walk? What's going on exactly?

You can be a good kid and clash with authority, and have people call the police when there's no need to. You can be a bad kid who draws trouble too... and none of us really knows what's going on here.

I was fine with CU giving the kid a second shot after Bama. But then when he bailed on his teammates here in a similar fashion I looked at that as a pattern. I would have cut him loose then. What’s happened subsequently (blaming the AD for his not getting tested, arrested with two charges pending) should absolutely lead to his dismissal.
Also, cut the **** about “choir boys” out. That’s a weak attempt to skew the argument. I’m fine with them recruiting kids and giving them a chance. But if that kid proves he’s not going to live up to his end of the bargain, cut his ass.
CU football the last 15 years sure has been fun!

Back