What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

At what point do we get worried about recruiting?

pcbuff

This morning I drove to work listening to a Herm Edwards interview. He was talking about the momentum they have built and the increased competition they have at every position. When he was hired I laughed. Now I am frustrated and angry at the momentum I felt we had being sucked out by the Michigan State carpet bagger.

I know it is a new dynamic, and new staff. The Covid thing has every program in limbo, and a new staff potentially more so. That said, the lack of signatures has me worried. I want to maintain the momentum we had going with recruiting. Even if it four stars coming in through the transfer portal, I want to see the new staff showing they are in the front half of the Pac in recruiting, and I am worried. Of course, I have been worried for a decade when it comes to the program. Last season I felt a lot of hope. It was a nice change, and I want it to continue.

I think the worse thing that can happen is to have a season. The risks to having a dreadful season is high. Dorrell can't expect to have a well oiled machine, given the circumstances, compared to staffs that fully return, which is most everyone but WSU. New QB to boot.

A bad showing would set KD back a ton.

If your thread title was a poll, I'd select the option that says: "We never stop worrying"
This.

Although I stopped “worrying” about recruiting a while ago. I will follow it, but I can’t get too worked up over it anymore.

This morning I drove to work listening to a Herm Edwards interview. He was talking about the momentum they have built and the increased competition they have at every position. When he was hired I laughed. Now I am frustrated and angry at the momentum I felt we had being sucked out by the Michigan State carpet bagger.

I know it is a new dynamic, and new staff. The Covid thing has every program in limbo, and a new staff potentially more so. That said, the lack of signatures has me worried. I want to maintain the momentum we had going with recruiting. Even if it four stars coming in through the transfer portal, I want to see the new staff showing they are in the front half of the Pac in recruiting, and I am worried. Of course, I have been worried for a decade when it comes to the program. Last season I felt a lot of hope. It was a nice change, and I want it to continue.

Get some sleep.

I think the worse thing that can happen is to have a season. The risks to having a dreadful season is high. Dorrell can't expect to have a well oiled machine, given the circumstances, compared to staffs that fully return, which is most everyone but WSU. New QB to boot.

100% agree - best thing that could happen for CU is for this season to be cancelled.

IMO, Dorrell was an absolutely terrible and uninspiring hire - we have lost all momentum and buzz that Tucker had generated in recruiting. I think CU will massively overpay Dorrell for 3 years or so, then fire him and we will start over AGAIN.

100% agree - best thing that could happen for CU is for this season to be cancelled.

IMO, Dorrell was an absolutely terrible and uninspiring hire - we have lost all momentum and buzz that Tucker had generated in recruiting. I think CU will massively overpay Dorrell for 3 years or so, then fire him and we will start over AGAIN.
That's the spirit!

Consider me very concerned. I also hope the NCAA can the season. We have absolutely no recruiting momentum. Some people have completely disappeared from recruiting (Chev) and some targets appear to be FBS level. Perhaps the hire of Dorrell was a Kold Karl on RG and LC's part. Meanwhile U$C and AllStrippersU are on fire. It would be nice to have a few recruiting victories over ASU in the near future.

I am not worried, because...Flatirons.

I am on the fence, I want HCKD to do well, but it is hard to squelch that sinking feeling in my gut. The one generated by a plate of bad Casa Bonita and when I see a NFL position coach grab the reins. I keep telling myself fUCLA wasn't that bad under Dorrell, but my inner Buffalo is apparently hard of hearing.

Consider me very concerned. I also hope the NCAA can the season. We have absolutely no recruiting momentum. Some people have completely disappeared from recruiting (Chev) and some targets appear to be FBS level. Perhaps the hire of Dorrell was a Kold Karl on RG and LC's part. Meanwhile U$C and AllStrippersU are on fire. It would be nice to have a few recruiting victories over ASU in the near future.
As much as people make fun of it, getting recruits to Boulder to see the campus and flatirons are obviously a huge piece of our recruiting. Not being able to get kids out to Boulder is going to hurt us a lot more than not being able to get kids out to Tuscon, Tempe, LA, Berkeley, or pretty much anywhere else in our conference.

What recruiting momentum? Tucker gave us one good class before he bolted for East Lansing. Stop talking about him like he's ****ing Mack Brown.

After the last guy left I swore off following recruiting for my well being.

Will always root for the Buffs just not as invested anymore. Bad fan.

I think we were all pretty concerned about recruiting when he was hired. He has been out of the game for a bit so maybe it will take him a little time to get used to it again but I have my doubts. That being said it is early with such a small class coming up.

I think we were all pretty concerned about recruiting when he was hired. He has been out of the game for a bit so maybe it will take him a little time to get used to it again but I have my doubts. That being said it is early with such a small class coming up.
Bargaining phase entered.

He wasn't a bad coach at UCLA but he lost that job because he and his staff didn't recruit well enough to compete in the PAC12, and he was right in the middle of one of the richest recruiting grounds in the nation at a school that normally doesn't have trouble getting kids interested.

My hope is that in his time out of the college game he evaluated his experience and figured out that in college football recruiting almost always equals winning.

So far we have seen some positive signs but also a lot of reasons to be concerned.

I know that he is highly disliked for his sleazy exit from Boulder but hiring Tucker was an example of what CU has to do to be a competitive program. Go out and find somebody who places a priority on winning, somebody who has some cutthroat in them, somebody who despises losing and will aim high to prevent it.

Hiring Dorrell until proven otherwise was just more of CU being the CU we have gotten used to over the last couple decades.

We can't expect the AD to survive the 2020-2021 school year without football. A ****ty season is better than no college football going forward.

At what point do we get worried about recruiting?

about 1996

giphy.gif

No pass. Make an impact. I like that he got Florida kid. If we get 6 or 7 Colorado kids. And 3 or 4 4 stars. Huge success.

would love
Helm
Olsen
Ashford
Flip either QB
Flip Zuhn. But probably not
Dudley
Walker
Penry

We can't expect the AD to survive the 2020-2021 school year without football. A ****ty season is better than no college football going forward.
Not suggesting we'd cancel it for any reason other than Covid-19. And if you can't play football, you pretty much better cancel everything else because every game played by any sport other than MBB, loses additional money...

This deserves another thread, but a lot of College Athletic programs were already barely hanging on, in a climate that is about to see the arms race ratchet up yet again (player compensation).

I for one prefer to never have to be in a situation where each Husker is earning 10x what each Buff is earning, well because, Husker fans will pay it.

Back