What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Autopsy

crosby87

I think this season really depends very simply on what your perspective is. If it’s “Well, it’s not like we won 15 games and had no chance.” Then you are happy. But taking into consideration how bad the Pac 12 is, I’m kind of disappointed. There are a lot of very mediocre teams getting at large bids this year so it’s hard for me to make excuses. And a lot of you are realistic which is fair. So I will pose this question: if CU get into the tourney 3 times every five seasons, are you happy? Figuring the team will struggle to make the dance next season too, are things really pointing upwards? It seems that way….but beating a terrible Georgetown team last season, followed by a no show in the next round and the NIT this season, with some terrible loses mixed in…meh.

I think this season really depends very simply on what your perspective is. If it’s “Well, it’s not like we won 15 games and had no chance.” Then you are happy. But taking into consideration how bad the Pac 12 is, I’m kind of disappointed. There are a lot of very mediocre teams getting at large bids this year so it’s hard for me to make excuses. And a lot of you are realistic which is fair. So I will pose this question: if CU get into the tourney 3 times every five seasons, are you happy? Figuring the team will struggle to make the dance next season too, are things really pointing upwards? It seems that way….but beating a terrible Georgetown team last season, followed by a no show in the next round and the NIT this season, with some terrible loses mixed in…meh.
any Colorado fan disappointed with getting into the tournament 3 of every 5 years is completely ignorant of our history, the level of investment CU has put into it's basketball program, and of the college basketball landscape.

going "meh" after the last two years is crazy to me

This is satire right? Take a look at what we've done over the last 5 years compared to say, Indiana, an actual basketball blue blood. Get a grip.

Why do you think they are going to struggle to make the dance next year too? They may lose 1-2 impactful players in Battey and (maybe) Walker. That's it. The young guys are all going to grow and get better.

Almost all of their bad losses and poorly played games happened in the first 1/2 of the season. The young guys grew up and played (mostly) pretty well in the second half. That should point towards the TEAM being even better in 2022/23.

In summary, this is a ****ing weird take. I think you should get more sleep, or have a couple cups of coffee before subjecting us to your nonsense on a Saturday morning.

any Colorado fan disappointed with getting into the tournament 3 of every 5 years is completely ignorant of our history, the level of investment CU has put into it's basketball program, and of the college basketball landscape.

Agree 100%. What I have become increasingly impressed with is that Boyle is continuing to improve as a coach. Better recruiting, better player development and better game day coaching.

We could have an even better basketball program if the do-nothing Athletic Director would get of his lazy ass and find a way to invest in the basketball program, rather than bitch about the referees in his latest new pair of Nikes.

Last edited:
IF we didn’t have to overcome losing Faulkner, Quincy, Ruffin, LL AND Elijah, plus missing our chance to improve our SOS with Kansas, then we’d likely be in the dance during a rebuilding year. The team made one major mistake that they own - losing to S Ill early in the year. Hate that the system puts so much on an early mistake rather than where they end. The MBB program is in excellent shape regardless.

Thank you! This is what I argue on the regular!

That’s one hot a s s take

This should get **** on more than my eternal banging and of the drum for Michael Adkins.

This is 23-24 win team next year BEFORE the conference tourney even if we lose Walker. Not to mention the fact that the teams ahead of us, specifically UCLA and UA, are losing more than us.

This should get **** on more than my eternal banging and of the drum for Michael Adkins.

This is 23-24 win team next year BEFORE the conference tourney even if we lose Walker. Not to mention the fact that the teams ahead of us, specifically UCLA and UA, are losing more than us.
OOC scheduling has to get a little bit tougher, and it will. I've already said I'd add home and homes with both CSU and Wyoming for the next couple years. You gotta figure they're going to be good enough to be at worst quad 2 wins if we get them. I also think Tad will probably look for a preseason tournament with a better field too. Still likely have the NIT-and that's a chance for growth for our youth.

Not sure if I'd say 24 wins, but the hot take that started this thread is garbage.

I….but beating a terrible Georgetown team last season, followed by a no show in the next round and the NIT this season, with some terrible loses mixed in…meh.
You can’t downplay a tourney win in the argument you’re trying to make, and certainly can’t discredit an incredible season resulting in a 5 seed in the dance, which thereby gave us the right to play such a “terrible” Georgetown team.

Caught a vibe from you after you appeared out of the blue on basketball threads the last couple weeks. Guess I was right. Thanks for dropping by. See you next season...
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

OOC scheduling has to get a little bit tougher, and it will. I've already said I'd add home and homes with both CSU and Wyoming for the next couple years. You gotta figure they're going to be good enough to be at worst quad 2 wins if we get them. I also think Tad will probably look for a preseason tournament with a better field too. Still likely have the NIT-and that's a chance for growth for our youth.

Not sure if I'd say 24 wins, but the hot take that started this thread is garbage.
We’re playing in the Myrtle Beach Invitational with Texas A&M, Loyola Chicago, Boise State, Charlotte, Tulsa and UMass.

Back