What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I hear about all these positive tests everywhere and the horror of how we’re all going to die. This has been going on now for roughly 4 months and I have not heard of a single person I know who has it, not 1. Not a family member, friend, Facebook friend, no one. I haven’t even met any strangers who say they’ve had it or know a guy who knows a guy who knows a girl who has had it. I’ve heard of people catching it from the news and that’s about it.
My cousin and his wife got it. Wife has lung damage and they don't know if it is permanent. Several of the clients of the organization I work for have died.

I'm wondering if there are some social stigmas driving many to not socialize a positive diagnosis.

Red hats may be reluctant to acknowledge that it's not a hoax to their peers.

Earth people may be reluctant to inform others of a positive diagnosis over fear of being shamed for not taking sufficient precautions.

Edit: to be clear, I believe everyone has the right to medical privacy and shouldn't be pressured to share a positive diagnosis outside of medical settings.

As one of the token non-liberals on here-this isn't a hoax. My cousin's wife had it, and it kicked her ass. Had a friend's dad (who is 67 and overweight) get it, and he's still dealing with the aftermath of it. Another friend had it and kicked it-but she's still not right. This isn't a walk in the park.

I have know two families that have had it. One younger with 3 kids under 5 and the parents in very good shape. No problems.

The second was a family with kids that are the age of my youngest, middle school, while the parents are out of shape and in the early 50s. Kids no problem. Parents had a real hard time. Dad ended up going to but not staying in the hospital while the wife did not. Dad is dealing with lung damage it appears. Wife has no residual problems

As one of the token non-liberals on here-this isn't a hoax. My cousin's wife had it, and it kicked her ass. Had a friend's dad (who is 67 and overweight) get it, and he's still dealing with the aftermath of it. Another friend had it and kicked it-but she's still not right. This isn't a walk in the park.
I read this message without the political label disclaimer to my trumpy coworker AM call. They all said that the writer is making stuff up to make president trump to look bad.

Thanks for posting that.

I don't think many people like thinking about the idea of high schoolers transferring for sports -- I know it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This situation could create a lot of transfer activity which I hadn't considered. if there are school districts or even entire states not playing organized sports, I think there are a lot of parents who are banking on their kid busting it big with a D1 scholarship -- those parents will at least consider moving the family.
I wouldn't put this all on the parents. These kids that might have a shot at a scholarship at any level are typically highly driven. If you were 18 yo with dreams of playing your sport in college, and you're now faced with the prospect of your entire senior season being taken away, wouldn't you want to find a place where you can follow that dream? It's for this reason that I look at these possible transfers as (hopefully) a one off situation....and I am okay with it.

I'm wondering if there are some social stigmas driving many to not socialize a positive diagnosis.

Red hats may be reluctant to acknowledge that it's not a hoax to their peers.

Earth people may be reluctant to inform others of a positive diagnosis over fear of being shamed for not taking sufficient precautions.

Edit: to be clear, I believe everyone has the right to medical privacy and shouldn't be pressured to share a positive diagnosis outside of medical settings.
Disagree completely. If someone at my place of employment tests positive, they should be obligated to inform my employer who should inform anyone who was exposed.

Lots of replies, interesting to see others experiences. I’m mildly surprised I wasn’t attacked and labeled a trump supporter for posting that. For the sake of transparency; I think Trump is an idiot, you’re an asshole if you whine about your rights as an American when asked to wear a mask and I believe this **** is real. But, after 4 months I’m about over everything, having my life restricted to what the government will allow me to do. At some point we have to be able to make decisions for ourselves within reason.

Lots of replies, interesting to see others experiences. I’m mildly surprised I wasn’t attacked and labeled a trump supporter for posting that. For the sake of transparency; I think Trump is an idiot, you’re an asshole if you whine about your rights as an American when asked to wear a mask and I believe this **** is real. But, after 4 months I’m about over everything, having my life restricted to what the government will allow me to do. At some point we have to be able to make decisions for ourselves within reason.
There's the rub.

At this point I don't see any way there is football in 2020 and I don't think 2021 is a sure thing either.
If it is scientifically validated that there is no or extremely low immunity after infection and that reinfections are worse than initial infections then there will be major implications for everything. Might need to start a thread on the construction of Mad Max War Wagons as it will be more pertinent than football discussions.

I read this message without the political label disclaimer to my trumpy coworker AM call. They all said that the writer is making stuff up to make president trump to look bad.

Hopefully you followed that up with "Yeah, uhhh actually he voted for DJT four years ago". Not shocked by that to be honest, and I think that's problematic. We had a scare as a family (My grandfather passed a month ago today and my Uncle thought he was exposed and thought he brought it into my grandma's house on the day all that happened). This is not a hoax.

I think we're getting CFB at some point during the 2020-21 calendar year. If I had to bet, I would say its a conference only season in the spring, and teams with outbreaks like the ones we've seen in MLS with FC Dallas and Nashville SC probably won't get to participate. More incentive for coaching staffs (who for the most part are doing the right thing based on what I've seen) and fans to do the right thing now. I will say this though-You can't want CFB and be walking into some location where its impossible to social distance without a mask.

Last edited:
Hopefully you followed that up with "Yeah, uhhh actually he voted for DJT four years ago". Not shocked by that to be honest, and I think that's problematic. We had a scare as a family (My grandfather passed a month ago today and my Uncle thought he was exposed and thought he brought it into my grandma's house). This is not a hoax.
I did tell them that and they didn’t believe me.

Let me apologize to the rest of you for the stupidity of some people on the political right then. Jesus Christ.
No need to apologize. Just be aware of this when people here and elsewhere react so strongly against trump and his base of support. Even a person who generally agrees with them (you) can be villified by making a simple statement that slightly deviates from their message (i.e. COVID-19 is a real issue and is dangerous).

No need to apologize. Just be aware of this when people here and elsewhere react so strongly against trump and his base of support. Even a person who generally agrees with them (you) can be villified by making a simple statement that slightly deviates from their message (i.e. COVID-19 is a real issue and is dangerous).

Oh if you think this is a hoax, you'll change your tune the minute this thing impacts (or comes close to impacting) somebody you know. Its a big part of the reason why the libertarians are so attractive to me this cycle.

At this point I don't see any way there is football in 2020 and I don't think 2021 is a sure thing either.
If it is scientifically validated that there is no or extremely low immunity after infection and that reinfections are worse than initial infections then there will be major implications for everything. Might need to start a thread on the construction of Mad Max War Wagons as it will be more pertinent than football discussions.
If that is the case, then there will only be about 25 or so college athletic programs left

Where do you live an what is your biggest restriction?

I want one of those metal boomerangs!

If that is the case, then there will only be about 25 or so college athletic programs left
Time to embrace the sports of the future. War wagons!

giphy.gif

^^^^This

Stupidity is non-directional. There's an excessive amount going around right now.

Agreed - I was at my gym the other day for the first time. I left after seeing 25+ people in a fairly spacious weight room, with no one with masks on. Multiple conversations between long-time members, not a care in the world.

These are not fans of Trump - 20/30/40 yr olds at a high end gym in Denver. Completely oblivious to the risks they are taking and exposing others to.

Another piece on cancelling football in the fall, this time from yahoo sports...

Seems like the NFL won't happen either and it's trending that way too. That's too bad since I was looking forward to some notable Buffs contributing in the NFL this year.

Back