What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Fair enough. I still think we will not see a down of PAC 12 football this fall.
If SEC and Big 12 land decide to proceed, I think there's going to be a lot of pressure on the other conferences as well.

I wonder if SEC, Big 12 and ACC go in the Fall and BIG and Pac 12 go in the Spring? Would be cool to see a 9 game conference +1 schedule against each other with no other conference competition for negotiated TV money. Perhaps even a vaccine in place by then and allowing fans at full capacity by then? I don't know, that's likely dreaming.

10 game schedule (play everyone in your division and 5 cross-over games)
Training camps start mid August
Games start September 19 (originally week 3)
Two weeks built in for byes
Championship game can be moved to any of three weekends

Cause Brendan Lewis is likely to be our starting QB, Brendan Rice and Keith Miller are probably big time contributors, Ashaad Clayton is going to play a lot, Christian Gonzalez is a possible starting safety, and other incoming freshman are possible 2-deep guys. CSU or Fresno State om the schedule allows those as “warm ups” to get them adjusted to the the college game, and jumping right into USC, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, ASU, etc is a bit different.

So with the delay and the season possibly starting on 9/19, that essentially starts at the beginning of the conference schedule anyways right? Basically just giving teams the extra practice time during the original OOC weeks?

So with the delay and the season possibly starting on 9/19, that essentially starts at the beginning of the conference schedule anyways right? Basically just giving teams the extra practice time during the original OOC weeks?
Yeah, basically the first 3 weeks of the season are cancelled. It looks like with a mid-August start of camp they would still have the same amount of actual time on the practice field, but I guess they get more time to do everything but practice (lift, watch film, playbook, etc). Either way, if there is a fall season, anything that pushes the season back and gives CU more time is a good thing.

They get six weeks of practice, just like everybody else. They don’t get extra practice time.

Wilner has been on this for a while but I’m still shocked to see the other conferences try to get 12 games out of the season. It just doesn’t give the teams any room for error but you do you big 12.

And Ralphie VI might be actually ready to go.

A&M was proactive in replacing the Buffs with a G5 as I mentioned weeks ago. The cancellation of the OOC by the P12 is probably a good thing. No Spring ball, new coaches, limited weight training etc.. was a recipe for disaster for the Buffs @ College Station...a potential lop sided loss that would've done way more harm to recruiting than good in TX.

Wilner has been on this for a while but I’m still shocked to see the other conferences try to get 12 games out of the season. It just doesn’t give the teams any room for error but you do you big 12.
The foundation of the Big 12 is that it allows for UT and OU to play every year (neutral UT game in Dallas) while giving each UT another 1 or 2 drivable away games in TX/OK, along with 4 or 5 home conference games and another 2 home non-conference games. That's 9 games that don't require leaving the home area. 10th game in Kansas, which isn't so bad. 11th is either in Iowa (not bad) or the PITA ass road trip to West Virginia. Last game is either a feature neutral game or a feature road trip somewhere like USC or tOSU.

This is the one thing that cannot ever be ****ed with. Ever.

Same reason the conference would consider going to 12 teams only if the South was 4 TX teams & 2 OK teams to maintain this (or 14 teams by adding Houston for 7 in the TX/OK South Division).

Last edited:
One characteristic of the CFB (and NFL) regular season is that teams know who they're playing.and when months in advance.

If this season happens in the fall, that won't be the case.

The answer to this did not come to me, but curious if anyone has thoughts whether some teams will be able to use this as an advantage, and how.

Yeah that's fair, but they still remain the most winnable games for this program in the (north division) conference, especially now that Leach is gone from Wazzu

I think Rolovich is a hell of a coach-but that's a game we HAVE to win (especially with Wazzu coming here)

Back