What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 weekend rewind: Week 12

RSSBot

News Junkie
By David Ubben

Best offensive player: Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M. Other players had more yardage, but none had it against a tougher defense and in a more needed position than Gray. He racked up 202 yards of total offense in Texas A&M's 9-6 win over Nebraska, and is officially the first player to get this award from me without scoring a touchdown. Honorable mention: Rodney Stewart, Colorado.

Best defensive player: Sam Acho, DT, Texas. Sure, it was against Florida Atlantic, but Acho turned in one of the Big 12's best games of the year against the Owls. He had three sacks, four tackles for loss, forced a fumble, recovered a fumble and had four quarterback hurries. All six of his tackles were solo, as well. Honorable mention: Trent Hunter, Texas A&M

Best team performance: Texas A&M. The Aggies take home the award for the second week in a row after beating Nebraska 9-6 at home in one of the most physical games of the season. Honorable mention: Colorado.

Best offensive freshman:Ben McRoy, RB, Texas Tech. McRoy ran for 81 yards and scored a pair of touchdowns to help the Red Raiders get bowl eligible against Texas Tech. Honorable mention: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=501915Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma.

Best defensive freshman: Tom Wort, LB, Oklahoma. Wort made eight tackles -- six solo -- and had a sack for a loss of 11 yards in the Sooners' win over Baylor.

Best game: Texas A&M 9, Nebraska 6. No doubt about this one. There are plenty of people who don't like defensive battles. I'm not one of them. Both defenses protected the end zones for 60 minutes, hit hard and didn't give up any back-breaking plays, while delivering plenty of hard shots. And of course, any game that comes down to the final possession is a good one.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Big 12 Blog
Click here to view the article.

I know this sounds like I'm being a homer but how can Rodney Stewart not get offensive player? He even threw for a TD.

Back