What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big Allbuffs Karma Needed For The Voice of The Buffs

I'm FB friends with Mark Johnson and unfortunately it looks like he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance in severe pain. Let's give all of our Allbuffs Karma his way.
The man is a Buff to the core. Prayer that it all turns out okay for him.

Kidney stone pain is no joke. When I went to the emergency room in severe pain the nurse came in took one look at me and said "you've got a kidney stone". The blood in the urine and cat scan confirmed her diagnosis.
My mother gave birth to four children.

She without hesitation says that passing kidney stones is far more painful that giving birth.

I hope to never find out how painful it is.

Great to hear that Mark will be OK. I had a kidney stone about 20 years ago, and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Based on the description in the original post, it sounded like Mark had an experience very similar to mine. Get well soon!

My mom gets kidney stones every several years (she drinks iced tea all day after drinking her coffee in the morning - shocker).

She knows she has one now when she faints on the toilet trying to go #1. It happens every time a stone starts to pass because of the insane level of pain.

I have a friend who has something wrong with his kidneys and he has kidney sand when he gets dehydrated. Think very small stones.

I’m not sure about kidney stones…but from about 2016-2019, I was dealing with gallbladder stones. I remember having a few episodes related to the stones, and I thought I was having a heart attack at 30-something. After a rush to an emergency clinic after an early episode, I got an ultrasound to diagnose it. Then managed my diet well enough to avoid another episode. Then a few years later, things started up, and a CT scan confirmed that things were worse, and got that burnt out gallbladder out.

I’m dreading the day that a kidney stone might turn up…

I’m not sure about kidney stones…but from about 2016-2019, I was dealing with gallbladder stones. I remember having a few episodes related to the stones, and I thought I was having a heart attack at 30-something. After a rush to an emergency clinic after an early episode, I got an ultrasound to diagnose it. Then managed my diet well enough to avoid another episode. Then a few years later, things started up, and a CT scan confirmed that things were worse, and got that burnt out gallbladder out.

I’m dreading the day that a kidney stone might turn up…
When my gallbladder inflamed it was one of the most painful things I have ever had. Didn't bother trying to manage it, just took it out. Did the same with my wife this year.

Best wishes to Mark Johnson; it sounds like he'll be OK. My only problem with MJ is that when he interviews players on video, he makes them seem small in physical stature compared to him.

When my gallbladder inflamed it was one of the most painful things I have ever had. Didn't bother trying to manage it, just took it out. Did the same with my wife this year.
Wait, what?
Dang, that’s a harsh way to end a marriage.
Should this be an episode of Dateline?
Stone cold.

Fortunately the surgery worked, we made the cut.
Oh. Whew. I thought this was an odd place for a capital murder confession.

Second that, but those are a bitch from what I hear.
Been there, done that and didn't even get a T-shirt!

A nurse neighbor of mine, who worked in the gastro ward of her hospital, says the women who have had kidney stones and also gave birth, often said they would rather have gone through labor, than pass a stone!!

I believe 'em!

Back