What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bill Napier - Louisania Lafayette Head Coach (former ASU offensive coordinator)

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member

2. Bill Napier, Louisiana head coach
There wouldn’t be a list of top head coaching possibilities without having Napier on it.

The 40-year-old is coming off an 11-win season with two Sun Belt West titles in two years, his offenses are dangerous, and he’s more than due to get one of the bigger gigs considering his resumé.

The former Arizona State offensive coordinator was also the quarterback coach for a year at Colorado State – it’s not like he’d be a fish out of water in Boulder or the Pac-12.

Like Taggart, Colorado would be getting him at a good time at a relatively solid value. If 2020 is like 2019, Napier is going to be the hot name for a bigger-time job.

1581614997457.png

Napier coached under Saban so it's possible Napier could continue what Tucker was building towards. He's no stranger to the Pac-12 as well.

Napier was the guy that the ASU AD was trying to keep when he hired Herm to be CEO of the program with the understanding he'd leave the staff intact.

Instead, he took the Louisiana HC job. That program hadn't won much in a few years and the depth chart had problems due to NCAA penalties that came down in 2016 after some self-imposed restrictions ahead of that. Going 11-3 in his 2nd year was impressive.

He turned down a couple of jobs this offseason, both Arky and Miss St. I believe. I don't see him coming here.

He turned down a couple of jobs this offseason, both Arky and Miss St. I believe. I don't see him coming here.

Why coach in the SEC West when you have to deal with Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss every season?

Why coach in the SEC West when you have to deal with Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss every season?
In doing our due diligence, I would certainly try to gauge interest. As we just found out though, those schools can throw a ton more resources at coaches than we can. I don't see him leaving two months later for less money at a school in a region he doesn't have many ties to. That said, I would be very pleased if we ended up with Napier.

I hope RG gives Napier and interview. He has more upside than most. Hopefully we wouldn’t have to over pay (though if he turned down other HC offers the might be hard to do) and we could keep some $ for staff upgrades. Bump Chev to OC with Napier’s input should work better than the last time.

Back