What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blake Anderson - HC Arkansas State

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
FYRVNLUTLLHUWGD.20140307014719.jpg

Organization: Arkansas State

Current Position: Head Coach

Former Positions:
1992Eastern New Mexico (GA)
1993Eastern New Mexico (WR)
1994Howard Payne (WR)
1995–1997Trinity Valley CC(QB/WR/DB/RC)
1998Trinity Valley (OC)
1999–2000New Mexico (RB)
2001New Mexico (WR)
2002–2004Middle Tennessee (co-OC/WR)
2007Louisiana–Lafayette (OC/QB)
2008–2009Southern Miss (RGC/QB)
2010–2011Southern Miss (OC/QB)
2012–2013North Carolina (OC/QB)
2014–presentArkansas State
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Record and Awards:
Overall38–24 (college)
Bowls1–3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Championships
2 Sun Belt (2015, 2016)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Notable Recruits:
Caleb Henderson - QB (4*)
Mitch Trubisky - QB (4*)
Kendrick Hardy - RB (4*)

Coaching Notes:

Would be tough to get me excited about a Sun Belt conference coach who isn't dominating the Sun Belt conference.

No one is stoked that the guy found and recruited Mitch Trubisky?

No one is stoked that the guy found and recruited Mitch Trubisky?

Folks, Trubisky is turning into a pretty solid NFL QB. Does not define this guys recruiting chops, but you cannot knock the Mitch man! He would upgrade the Broncos.
Just saying...

I like this guy. Arky State has been to a bowl game every year he has been there. He is solid. Is he the best choice? That i am not sure of....

I like this guy. Arky State has been to a bowl game every year he has been there. He is solid. Is he the best choice? That i am not sure of....
The one thing RG made clear in his presser is that he is making this hire with an eye toward winning championships. Does Blake Anderson check that box?

The one thing RG made clear in his presser is that he is making this hire with an eye toward winning championships. Does Blake Anderson check that box?

I like Anderson-seems like a guy you'd want your son to play for. He's younger (49?) and he seems like he's pretty good with people.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/01/watch-live-asu-coach-blake-anderson-speaks-little-/

He would have been a guy we'd have talked to had we done this last year. Seems like a pretty engaging guy from what I've seen, but I'd want more right now.

Bumping this thread because he makes a ton of sense for where we are currently. Here's why:

1) Hes a charismatic guy with no character questions. I have no doubts about him bolting for greener pastures after a year or two if he's the guy.
2) Hes got a couple conference titles, and hes had Arkansas State in bowls all six years he's been there.
3) he worked with Kap at North Carolina. Might help convince him to stay.
4) learned how to delegate during his late wife's cancer battle. Perfect situation for Chev to call plays on given his background.
5) solid texas connections.

Honestly, he's my first choice. CU's pool is pretty limited, being the last player on the Carousel, Mother Tucker really screwed us.

CU is going to have to go: Coordinator, NFL guy or P5 HC. Pickings are slimmer than when RG was shopping in 2018.

Mediocre. Perpetually 8-5 is not a recipe for success here especially with little ties to the west

Mediocre. Perpetually 8-5 is not a recipe for success here especially with little ties to the west
That is a solid point, but I would observe that year in and year out 1-2 of those losses are to SEC teams in their OOC. ULL seems to have their number, as does Toledo.

Given that Arky State is a perpetual have not, his record is pretty impressive IMO. Mizzou was looking long and hard before they hired Drink.

Solid football coach. Solid man. Would be easy to root for, but my expectations would not be lights out recruiting or Pac-12 championships.

Profile of a guy who would have been a good hire for CU post-Hawkins or post-Embree but not now.

Solid football coach. Solid man. Would be easy to root for, but my expectations would not be lights out recruiting or Pac-12 championships.

Profile of a guy who would have been a good hire for CU post-Hawkins or post-Embree but not now.

Can we get to bowl games consistently first? This guy has done that-I know its far easier to do that in the Sun Belt than it is here-but we've beaten ASU twice in a row, Kevin Sumlin is probably out after next year barring a miracle, USC is a national laughingstock, and UCLA hasn't exactly been a worldbeater under Chip Kelly. Its not that hard to win in this division and this conference-and Melvin (who many on here perceived as the truth last year) put out a year that basically looked the same as the last two under MacIntyre. I think he's a very a high character guy, and that's really important to me given how big of a fraud Melvin was from the time he got here (remember how James Coley and Dan Lanning became Jay Johnson and Tyson Summers?). I actually think he'd recruit pretty well here. He's a guy a 17 year old would believe if he says I'm going to be here throughout your time at CU because he's done exactly that at Arkansas State. Given EB saying no and more concerns about Sark's sobriety, I'm liking this idea more and more provided he's not going to be an FHCMM and try and bring his whole staff from Jonesboro here. I'd want him to keep Chev (who is probably getting a nice raise and at least a co-OC title if he doesn't get the gig himself), Hagan, and Michalowski at least. He's now my top candidate.

Last edited:
Can we get to bowl games consistently first? BA has done that-I think he's a very a high character guy, and that's really important to me given how big of a fraud Melvin turned out to be. I actually think he'd recruit pretty well here. Given EB saying no and more concerns about Sark's sobriety, I'm liking this idea more and more provided he's not going to be an FHCMM and try and bring his whole staff from Jonesboro here. I'd want him to keep Chev (who is probably getting a nice raise and at least a co-OC title if he doesn't get the gig himself), Hagan, and Michalowski at least.
I don't think it's prudent to throw Sark out because a friend who is a booster at a completely unrelated school heard something from who knows where. If Sark is a candidate, let the AD do their own due diligence.

I don't think it's prudent to throw Sark out because a friend who is a booster at a completely unrelated school heard something from who knows where. If Sark is a candidate, let the AD do their own due diligence.

Actually he's a donor here-and this is the same person who gave me the info on Jim Mora that I posted yesterday. I'm now seeing the same thing on 247.

Actually he's a donor here-and this is the same person who gave me the info on Jim Mora that I posted yesterday. I'm now seeing the same thing on 247.
Fair enough. My point still stands. i.e. If we end up hiring him, I will make the assumption that he has been 100% vetted by the AD.

Back