What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

cubuffs Buffs Camp Position Preview: Inexperienced DBs Will Have To Grow Up Quickly

RSSBot

News Junkie
Delrick Abrams Jr

When the Colorado Buffaloes opened fall camp, they had just one returning player with anything resembling significant experience.

Continue reading...

I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel with our secondary.

I think we have competent starters for a P5 team from upperclassmen at all 4 spots (5 spots if we include Taylor at STAR).

At safety, we also have junior in Rakestraw who has shown some ballhawking ability in practices/scrimmages and was close to earning a starting job.

Behind that, we have what I think are some talented freshmen and sophomores who should develop well over the course of the season with Miller, Luckett, Trujillo, Perry and even Lewis (whose reported development in camp was a bit of a surprise to me). Even Noyer could be of service -- and it might be to give depth at STAR -- since reports have been positive.

I don't know if we have All Pac-12 type players in the group for this season, but I am becoming confident that we will see P5 JAG level performance from the starters and their primary backups. With upside that's dependent on development timelines for the underclassmen.

Back