What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Championship game weekend 12/3 - 12/4

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Yes, one championship has already been decided. The Nebraska Cornhuskers are officially the 2021 Moral Victory National Champions. It took a tough effort, some timely turnovers, just enough headscratching play calls, and most of the team at one point or another being thrown under the bus but they did it.

Most of the schools are done this week except for those playing in championship games.

There will only be a few less people in the stadium this weekend in Fort Collins than there were for last week's season ending curbstomping for the sheep.

While everyone else is focused on titles the PAC gives us the one exception to the rule in what may be the most meaningless game of the year USC (4-7) is at Cal (4-7.) SC has already replaced their coach, Cal ordered another Latte and called it good. Fortunately the game starts at midnight Eastern Time so the embarrassment level will be minimized.

Friday night we get another example of the PAC embarrassing itself playing it’s championship game on Friday night making it easier to ignore. At least they finally moved it out of Levi Stadium in the Bay area to Vega where they might draw a crowd larger than a good high school game.

This year the match-up is Utah (9-3, ranked 17) and Oregon (10-2,10) who up until getting destroyed by Utah were in line for a shot at a playoff spot.

Friday nights other game is the CUSA Championship sending Western Kentucky (8-4) to UTSA (11-1)

Saturday is the big day.

Baylor (10-2, 9) took enough time off from committing crimes to get a spot in the B12 game at Jerry World in Dallas against the “Man” Mike Gundy and his Oklahoma State (11-1, 5) squad. If enough other upsets happen Okie State could slip into the playoff.

Mid afternoon has Houston (11-1, 21) at Cincinnati (12-0, 4). AAC officials are hoping that half the Houston team gets lost since a Houston win would kill the best chance ever for a G5 team to get a playoff spot.

Most won’t be watching that game though because at the same time we have the game of the day and maybe the year.

Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta is not exactly a neutral sight since Georgia (12-0, 1) is playing Alabama (11-1, 3) Georgia is probably in the playoff win or lose but a Bama win could again give the SEC two slots.

Competing with the PAC for irrelevancy the ACC title game has Pittsburgh (10-2,15) and Wake (me up when they matter) Forest (10-2, 16).

Last big game of the day at Lucas Oil Field has Michigan (11-1, 2) trying to avoid the upset that would knock them out of the playoff against Iowa (10-2, 13) who are the closest thing this generation of Nebraskans will get to a quality football team.

And if you want to see a potential champion close to home Colorado School of Mines will be hosting Angelo State with the winner advancing to the D2 semi-finals.

Last edited:
I'm a little peeved the Mines game is the same time as the CU hoops game.

Thanks Mtn. A couple of notes/opinions:

I didn't know Cinci had 4 losses. Hell, I didn't know they played 16 games this year. They must be tuckered out.

I like the qb from Pitt, but I think I'll pulling for a Fake Florist victory in this one.

Thanks Mtn. A couple of notes/opinions:

I didn't know Cinci had 4 losses. Hell, I didn't know they played 16 games this year. They must be tuckered out.

I like the qb from Pitt, but I think I'll pulling for a Fake Florist victory in this one.
Thanks for catching my typo. I put in record, ranking and must have plugged the ranking into the loss number)

Yes, one championship has already been decided. The ****braska Cornhuskers are officially the 2021 Moral Victory National Champions. It took a tough effort, some timely turnovers, just enough headscratching play calls, and most of the team at one point or another being thrown under the bus but they did it.

Most of the schools are done this week except for those playing in championship games.

There will only be a few less people in the stadium this weekend in Fort Collins than there were for last week's season ending curbstomping for the sheep.

While everyone else is focused on titles the PAC gives us the one exception to the rule in what may be the most meaningless game of the year USC (4-7) is at Cal (4-7.) SC has already replaced their coach, Cal ordered another Latte and called it good. Fortunately the game starts at midnight Eastern Time so the embarrassment level will be minimized.

Friday night we get another example of the PAC embarrassing itself playing it’s championship game on Friday night making it easier to ignore. At least they finally moved it out of Levi Stadium in the Bay area to Vega where they might draw a crowd larger than a good high school game.

This year the match-up is Utah (9-3, ranked 17) and Oregon (10-2,10) who up until getting destroyed by Utah were in line for a shot at a playoff spot.

Friday nights other game is the CUSA Championship sending Western Kentucky (8-4) to UTSA (11-1)

Saturday is the big day.

Baylor (10-2, 9) took enough time off from committing crimes to get a spot in the B12 game at Jerry World in Dallas against the “Man” Mike Gundy and his Oklahoma State (11-1, 5) squad. If enough other upsets happen Okie State could slip into the playoff.

Mid afternoon has Houston (11-1, 21) at Cincinnati (12-0, 4). AAC officials are hoping that half the Houston team gets lost since a Houston win would kill the best chance ever for a G5 team to get a playoff spot.

Most won’t be watching that game though because at the same time we have the game of the day and maybe the year.

Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta is not exactly a neutral sight since Georgia (12-0, 1) is playing Alabama (11-1, 3) Georgia is probably in the playoff win or lose but a Bama win could again give the SEC two slots.

Competing with the PAC for irrelevancy the ACC title game has Pittsburgh (10-2,15) and Wake (me up when they matter) Forest (10-2, 16).

Last big game of the day at Lucas Oil Field has Michigan (11-1, 2) trying to avoid the upset that would knock them out of the playoff against Iowa (10-2, 13) who are the closest thing this generation of ****braskans will get to a quality football team.

And if you want to see a potential champion close to home Colorado School of Mines will be hosting Angelo State with the winner advancing to the D2 semi-finals.

Very well done!

Feels like tomorrow is Georgia's time to knock off Alabama. Everyone knows about that relentless defense and they have a good staple of running backs. Their LT tackle Salyer will be a game-time decision which could be a factor going up against Will Anderson if he doesn't play. On the other hand Alabama has the better QB, the better coach and the best defensive player on the field. But Bama has struggled over the past month and have not shown any indication that they will knock off UGA. Also, Pickens should be close to full strength for the Dawgs.

Georgia wins 27-13

Could've swore I saw that this Pac12 game was starting at 9 eastern. Regardless, better that it started at 8. Looks like a surprisingly good crowd.

And Herbie is flying cross-country tonight and then doing GameDay at 9am tomorrow? Impressive

Utah is good, very well coached.

Amazing though how Oregon has just fallen apart. They went from the team that dominated at the start of the season and beat Ohio State at their place to a team that looks like they might struggle with Arizona right now. Lots of talent but disjointed and can't get out of their own way.

Utah is good, very well coached.

Amazing though how Oregon has just fallen apart. They went from the team that dominated at the start of the season and beat Ohio State at their place to a team that looks like they might struggle with Arizona right now. Lots of talent but disjointed and can't get out of their own way.
I would not fall over myself to re-up Cristobal’s contract, if I were the Oregon AD.

Could've swore I saw that this Pac12 game was starting at 9 eastern. Regardless, better that it started at 8. Looks like a surprisingly good crowd.

And Herbie is flying cross-country tonight and then doing GameDay at 9am tomorrow? Impressive
What I saw was 5pm PT, 6pm MT.

If I'm not mistaken they started the last few of them at the same time leaving fans to navigate Bay Area traffic to get there. Even people who left early got to the game late.

Vegas should be a much earlier arriving crowd. Also the crowd looks very red. Ute fans love Vegas and it's a fairly easy trip.

An just when I thought that Oregon couldn't get any worse uniforms that the florescent highlighter look now they have gone to the splattered by mud look.

Back