What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Needs To Find House 1 Mile From Campus

If we want the same impact that Brian Kelly has created at LSU, Prime’s house needs to have a view of Folsom and the campus. There must be several options around Flagstaff.

I don't think having a house near campus matters as much as having a great house to host kids. Like Saban brings kids to this house for some visits and it is no where near campus.... Kids care about how cool the house is, not where it is located

View attachment 57419
It’s not about how cool they think the house is, the entire point of what Kelly does with the proximity to campus is that he gets to host Unofficial visitors there as well

I’d be willing to bet that $3.5 million will buy you twice the house in Baton Rouge than it will in Boulder.

Last edited:
I don't think having a house near campus matters as much as having a great house to host kids. Like Saban brings kids to this house for some visits and it is no where near campus.... Kids care about how cool the house is, not where it is located

View attachment 57419
Tell me you didn't read, or even briefly skim, the article without telling me you didn't read the article.

Buy Dal Wards old house on Bella Vista. It is next door to my grandparents' house and a 10-minute walk to the stadium.

#4 my vote
I love Circle Drive (though that isn't really my favorite house on it). I walk around it several days a week when I'm taking the dog out. Knollwood is a sweet area too. I went to a party there at a house that was built into the rocks (Haertling) that was amazing.

It would be sweet (and good for the University and Community IMO) if Prime purchased something in town.

CU maintains a mansion for the Chancellor at 3600 Caddo Parkway, right behind Willi Villi. It is a beautiful building. CU should not provide a residence for the chancellor anyway, so I humbly suggest that they repurpose this as the head coach's residence. Problem solved.

Tell me you didn't read, or even briefly skim, the article without telling me you didn't read the article.
It’s not about how cool they think the house is, the entire point of what Kelly does with the proximity to campus is that he gets to host Unofficial visitors there as well
The article talks about 13.7.5 which is the 1 mile rule but focus on the house and why buying a house there mattered so much. Looking at the people in the article mentioned only Trey Holly signed with LSU (shouldn't be a surprise due to his location). LSU will always get studs from LA no matter what they pull. I am pretty sure you could take them to a petting zoo and get kids to commit.

We can discuss the 1 mile rule but a lot of unofficial visits are very well planned out by any athletic department that knows how to recruit. The kids meet with the coaches before and after the game (usually position and assistant coaches will meet before the game, coordinators will spend time to mingle after the game along with the HC), then they get to watch the game with the ambassadors. Most of the time the kids do not leave the football facility/stadium during an unofficial since they will spend time with their parents/whoever they came with or get ready to return home.

This article is just a fluff article talking about this cool recruiting house, but the same thing can happen with a football facility (check out Oregons recruit room) for half the cost and also allow other "walk ins" to help sell the school

Back