What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Yep, and I don’t disagree with that.

Beginning of the end, though, for college football as all of us have known it. Hard to predict what will become of the whole structure at this point.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the Alabama’s and Ohio State’s of the football world will continue to dominate and the CU’s will continue to struggle.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the Alabama’s and Ohio State’s of the football world will continue to dominate and the CU’s will continue to struggle.
Haha, yeah, no doubt.

I think the fascinating aspect is how the stripping of the thin veneer of amateurism affects the willingness of university stakeholders to continue turning a blind eye to the charade that the various state schools are not operating a professional minor league. As these student athletes start to resemble paid employees, you wonder how sustainable the foundation is. I don’t know when, but in my opinion this whole thing is going to blow up.

Yep, and I don’t disagree with that.

Beginning of the end, though, for college football as all of us have known it. Hard to predict what will become of the whole structure at this point.
It’ll be like the new Olympic. Alabama will be team USA basketball. Most mid P5 teams will be team Ireland. Ergo, boring…er.

Holy crap did this almost make me throw up laughing
Epic

I think that college coaches and departments are going to have to get paid less, so that the players can be paid more.
I also believe that there will be less P5 programs in 2-3 years than there is today!

This whole thing isn't as simple as just paying the players a salary commensurate with their worth. There's the whole Title IX aspect to deal with.

It’s the middle of the end, IMO. This process started about 20 years ago.

Dan Mullen received a one year ban on off campus recruiting activity at Florida when he talked to two prospects while they were touring the campus with their team. Herm invited a ton of recruits AND ASU coaches paid for visits during a dead period and Covid. It’s not going to go well for him.
I think people still like pointing at Penn State and Baylor as reasons to say the NCAA doesn't do anything, but those are obviously different situations

ASU violated some of the biggest ncaa regulations there is. You can’t compare a PSU, BU, or UNC because they technically didn’t violate any “NCAA” rules. ASU is beyond furked.

Back