What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I gotta hand it to ASU. They took a swing at becoming nationally relevant, albeit in a very stupid way, and they don't appear to be too eager to take accountability or get out in front of what is coming. I'm guessing it's because the entire program and AD knew what was happening and is culpable and firing everyone 2 months before the season would essentially leave them without a football program in 2021

I gotta hand it to ASU. They took a swing at becoming nationally relevant, albeit in a very stupid way, and they don't appear to be too eager to take accountability or get out in front of what is coming. I'm guessing it's because the entire program and AD knew what was happening and is culpable and firing everyone 2 months before the season would essentially leave them without a football program in 2021
That's their own damn fault, **** em.

If they just aggressively invested in the program they would get there. ASU checks a lot of boxes to become nationally relevant.

The #1 recruit in the country isn’t going to have any problem cashing in on his NIL no matter where he goes. He could go to Tulsa and would still do well. I really don’t know how his going to OSU has any bearing on the ultimate impact of the new rules.

The #1 recruit in the country isn’t going to have any problem cashing in on his NIL no matter where he goes. He could go to Tulsa and would still do well. I really don’t know how his going to OSU has any bearing on the ultimate impact of the new rules.

So you are saying Tulsa’s 4,000 students in addition to living alumni can pick up the slack that Ohio State’s 61K students plus nearly half a million living alumni plus their t-shirt fans?

So you are saying Tulsa’s 4,000 students in addition to living alumni can pick up the slack that Ohio State’s 61K students plus nearly half a million living alumni plus their t-shirt fans?
For the #1 recruit in the country? Probably, yes.

Another competitive disadvantage on the way for CU.

How is this $6,000 payment for every player on the roster consistent with the media advocates and pimps for NIL (like Dan Wetzel, Pat Forde, Andy Staples, etc), who said it would not negatively impact the competitive balance between programs?

I think this new era of paid CFB is going to hurt all three schools that I root for.

I'm also curious if there are schools with BMDs that haven't been top tier recently who will really benefit from this change (e.g. Ok State).

I think the idea is that the “haves” and “have nots” will remain largely the same because there has always been a pay to play scheme. In most cases, it was funneling cash through the athletic department in the form of fringe benefits. The sponsorship deals will just cut out the middle man, and it will all balance out. At least that’s the theory.

On the flip side, one can easily imagine bidding wars for recruits, resulting in ever increasing NIL contracts. Once this gets to a certain level, you could see the academic staff balking. You wonder how long the nakedness of blatantly running a minor league sports franchise off a college campus will remain tolerable. I don’t know the answer, but it all seems like it will come crashing down.

Another competitive disadvantage on the way for CU.

How is this $6,000 payment for every player on the roster consistent with the media advocates and pimps for NIL (like Dan Wetzel, Pat Forde, Andy Staples, etc), who said it would not negatively impact the competitive balance between programs?

Next headline: "All Oregon football players will now receive $50,000 for promoting Nike products"

I hear tell that CSU has inked a deal with Chico's Bail Bonds

Our only competitive advantage may be landing a weed sponsor
Not to be left out our friends to the northeast are getting into the game as well. At least $5,000 per scholarship player.
1625682672938.png

given the cocaine issues that the state of Colorado has, the Nebraska meth jokes lose their humor.

Back