What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Yeah, well, what community service work has he done? Does he come from a 2-parent home? How much does he value a well-rounded college experience which includes yoga and hiking? What is his life plan outside of sports and his commitment to the academic excellence needed to get there? The answers to these questions really determines whether he's a recruitable player. Way too much emphasis is placed on speed, size, strength and performance.
Also, is 10.32 elite speed for a DE/Edge player??:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Interesting
thanks for this link. I somehow completely missed the news that academic bonuses for student athletes was allowable.

noting that most schools haven't taken advantage of this indicates that, for most recruits, academics are not just a low priority, they're a "don't care".

thanks for this link. I somehow completely missed the news that academic bonuses for student athletes was allowable.

noting that most schools haven't taken advantage of this indicates that, for most recruits, academics are not just a low priority, they're a "don't care".
Not gonna lie, shocked that CU actually put themselves in this company.

Not surprised by the situation in Austin.

Too much truth telling on the part of Moro Ojomo. Sarkisian's reaction to it was disappointing but very much in character. The Sark regime in Austin will very likely be short-lived and disastrous. Just as much fun to watch collapse as Scotty's in Lincoln. The UT program has been an unfocused country club for a long time.

Too much truth telling on the part of Moro Ojomo. Sarkisian's reaction to it was disappointing but very much in character. The Sark regime in Austin will very likely be short-lived and disastrous. Just as much fun to watch collapse as Scotty's in Lincoln. The UT program has been an unfocused country club for a long time.

I just hope those coaches win enough to get contract extensions to extend the comedy shows.

Not sure why I was wasting my time watching Collin Cowherd this morning. But he said something interesting about USC. In twelve months, USC will have a “massive announcement.” He wouldn’t divulge any details. I asked an SC buddy/donor his thoughts. He doesn’t know, but sure hopes it is not jumping to the SEC….

I almost hope they do it. Blow it up. See where the chips fall.
Probably going to happen anyways eventually.

From the western half of the US (PAC12 territory) which schools end up taking the jump and going all in on running a minor league professional football program (franchise.)

USC will go, Oregon as long as they have Nike money, probably UCLA with their wealthy alums and being tied to USC. Other than that I don't see a lot of schools willing to just flat out admit that they are running a pro sports team out of their campus with athletes getting paid more than all but a handful of university employees.

Stanford has the money and will be tempted but I think in the end they won't want to be tied to the image, same with Washington.

Arizona is having a hard time competing in football as it is but they will take at least a solid look (mostly because their basketball program already pays big money to guys who come to play, not to study.)

From the western half of the US (PAC12 territory) which schools end up taking the jump and going all in on running a minor league professional football program (franchise.)

USC will go, Oregon as long as they have Nike money, probably UCLA with their wealthy alums and being tied to USC. Other than that I don't see a lot of schools willing to just flat out admit that they are running a pro sports team out of their campus with athletes getting paid more than all but a handful of university employees.

Stanford has the money and will be tempted but I think in the end they won't want to be tied to the image, same with Washington.

Arizona is having a hard time competing in football as it is but they will take at least a solid look (mostly because their basketball program already pays big money to guys who come to play, not to study.)
If there's a complete reshuffle, it wouldn't shock me if we saw a group of Notre Dame-Michigan-USC-UCLA leading a bloc of teams for a super conference that still had athletics integrated with the academic mission.

If there's a complete reshuffle, it wouldn't shock me if we saw a group of Notre Dame-Michigan-USC-UCLA leading a bloc of teams for a super conference that still had athletics integrated with the academic mission.
I think they might try to put on a show but in the end the money will win out and they will be professional athletes who are registered on campus.

The idea that Notre Dame is some kind of haven of the student athlete went out the window a long time ago when they went with Lou Holtz as their coach.

Some schools like Michigan/ND/etc. may draw a line closer to student athletes than the core SEC/ACC programs but in the end if the question is athletic success or academic integrity the money is going to win every time..

Right now, USC is making no pretense to be anything other than a semi pro football program. I could maybe see those other schools doing what you suggest - I have my doubts, but maybe. But USC is going all in to re-establish themselves as a football powerhouse.

Where I think things will be very interesting is with the schools who have good programs outside of football. It’s going to be hard to run a football factory at the same time you’re trying to compete in baseball, basketball, hockey, etc. Also, consider conference affiliations like Kentucky, Indiana, UNC, Duke, Arizona, UCLA, Kansas. Those schools depend in large part on revenues from their ****ty football programs to finance their elite basketball programs. If the football blue bloods form their own superconference, what happens to the revenues at those places?

We live in interesting times.

Right now, USC is making no pretense to be anything other than a semi pro football program. I could maybe see those other schools doing what you suggest - I have my doubts, but maybe. But USC is going all in to re-establish themselves as a football powerhouse.

Where I think things will be very interesting is with the schools who have good programs outside of football. It’s going to be hard to run a football factory at the same time you’re trying to compete in baseball, basketball, hockey, etc. Also, consider conference affiliations like Kentucky, Indiana, UNC, Duke, Arizona, UCLA, Kansas. Those schools depend in large part on revenues from their ****ty football programs to finance their elite basketball programs. If the football blue bloods form their own superconference, what happens to the revenues at those places?

We live in interesting times.
Regarding hoops, if you can get $50 a seat from 10k attendance plus parking & concessions for 20 home games along with donations, broadcast rights fees and tournament shares... you've got all you need to run an elite MBB program without football being part of the equation. Villanova, for example. But there are a very limited number of college hoops programs with direct revenues over $10M per year.

Pretty matter-of-fact

Pretty matter-of-fact
Just how I see it.

Until it happens we never know.

Pre-Phil Knight nobody saw Oregon as a big time participant in the money wars.

Almost any school could have an donor or group of donors step up and make a financial commitment that can't be ignored. Same time some schools that so far have been big spenders might just say enough.

At this point though it isn't hard to see which schools are willing to do whatever it takes to stay at the top level and which ones aren't.

CU is one of the aren't group.

Just how I see it.

Until it happens we never know.

Pre-Phil Knight nobody saw Oregon as a big time participant in the money wars.

Almost any school could have an donor or group of donors step up and make a financial commitment that can't be ignored. Same time some schools that so far have been big spenders might just say enough.

At this point though it isn't hard to see which schools are willing to do whatever it takes to stay at the top level and which ones aren't.

CU is one of the aren't group.
Sorry, public education didn’t supply me with the Nike-esque wealth I intended to have for donations to CU. I should have taken more math classes.

Archie Manning to Austin? It was fun seeing how overhyped Texas was with Chris Simms there.
Season 16 Sofia GIF by America's Got Talent

Back