What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Holy s**t. Would love Jerdough to tell us how CU is going to compete for national championships with programs that have these kind of resources.

Holy s**t. Would love Jerdough to tell us how CU is going to compete for national championships with programs that have these kind of resources.

We have absolutely no business competing with that. Even most SEC teams can’t touch that.

there's something wrong in the world when a guy who needs a dude to pull him by the waist strap during games is making 9 figures.

You don't need to compete with that.

I'm much more concerned with facilities, assistant salary pool, recruiting budget, marketing budget, AD staff, gameday budget (amenities, spirit squads, etc.), and especially player compensation.

Give us the equivalent of non-blueblood 1st class on all those things and we can be in the $3-4M range on a HC.

I guess effective immediately, the NCAA has recommended that players can transfer as many times as they want with immediate eligibility. The rule just needs to be adopted now.

A blurb in there states that 75% of P5 players who entered the portal in the 2019-2020 cycle didn't end up landing at another P5 program and that HALF didn't find another D1 program at all, and fell to FCS or JUCO.
Those stats don't surprise me all that much - in fact, I doubt that anyone but kids (and parents) with overinflated views of their relative skill level are the only ones that would be surprised.

A certain number of players, half seems about right, were more than likely "encouraged" by their coaches to enter the portal. I'm betting that there is a very high correlation with the half that ended in FCS or JUCO. Half of the remainder ending up in the P5 and the final quarter ending up in the G5 also seems about right.

How long until "super" teams are a thing? Best QB gets his buddies together at one school to make a run at a championship.
I doubt it will become a trend.

For the types of players who can influence that sort of deal, I think most will set their priorities as (1) NIL money (2) NFL draft potential (3) college champs.

UT probably

Sarcastic Harriet The Spy GIF

Not news but wasn't sure else where to put this. At this time of year when the anticipation of the college football season is reaching a peak for me I was watching an episode of Saturdays in the South and in this particular one about the 70's they covered the epic "Punt Bama Punt" game. This obviously took place in a far different era (1972) as far as media coverage goes.

Anyway this game clearly ranks up there as one of the all-time crazy finishes if not the most amazing, along with "The Play", The Miracle at Michigan, the fumbled punt at Ann Arbor a few years ago, and the Kick Six. But I'm pretty sure people don't realize how unbelievable Punt Bama Punt was. I sure didn't.

Bama led 16-3 with and was forced to punt with about 4:30 left to go in the game when Bill Newton of Auburn blocked a punt and it was returned by David Langner for a TD to cut the Bama lead to 16-10. Bama was again forced to punt with 1:40 left in the game and the punt was AGAIN blocked by Bill Newton and AGAIN returned by David Langner for a TD to give Auburn a 17-16 lead. Then to top it off, Langner intercepted a pass to thwart Bama's last drive to preserve the 17-16 Auburn win. And after the game Auburn's coach Ralph Jordan delivered a phenomenal quote (from Wiki):

With the clock winding down, Langner intercepted an Alabama pass to stop their attempted comeback. When Langner reached the sideline, he found Jordan upset. Langner reportedly said, "But coach, I intercepted the pass", to which Jordan said, "Yeah, but our plan was to make them punt."

Back