What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

It could also be a history of poor behavior combined with a new regime. It is assuredly not what Gundy described.
OU has a history of bad race relations. The football team has take a leadership role. I’m sure nobody wants this to spread to the team. It will come out if there is more. Wokeness is down the list.

It could also be a history of poor behavior combined with a new regime. It is assuredly not what Gundy described.
This is what I was alluding to earlier.

It may be as @manhattanbuff stated that they are leaving him with his dignity, it may be more that they are looking at the total package and just want it to go away.

If they fire him outright then they have to explain it and explain why they would have let him do the things he was doing. This way they say take the blame for one incident and neither of us has to talk about what was actually going on.

OU has a history of bad race relations. The football team has take a leadership role. I’m sure nobody wants this to spread to the team. It will come out if there is more. Wokeness is down the list.

jim carrey disbelief GIF

There’s no way in hell a guy who’s been affiliated with a football program first as a player and then a well-respected coach for 30+ years (who’s also a beast recruiter BTW) would get fired for accidentally saying one horrible word one time. The super vague reactions coming from the OU people make me think something really bad happened and they just want to let him leave with some dignity in tact.
If he used the n word is a player meeting, or really any setting, he’s gone under any circumstances.

If he used the n word is a player meeting, or really any setting, he’s gone under any circumstances.
Agree. He used the unusable word. Maybe an accident, but that’s a strange explanation. Then he used it again. And again. That’s all I need to know. Is that all the story? I don’t care. That’s enough, actually too much.

Agree. He used the unusable word. Maybe an accident, but that’s a strange explanation. Then he used it again. And again. That’s all I need to know. Is that all the story? I don’t care. That’s enough, actually too much.
Right. Someone said he accidentally read it, and if that is true maybe, but if he repeated it… adios

Stop. Nobody was looking to get rid of him. There may be more to this story, but that's not the case.
There isn’t. My boss is good friends with him and he just ****ed up. (Absolutely not defending the action). The story is that he had a lot of friends in college he could say the word around and he “accidentally” said it in the “wrong” group/setting. Again - not defending, just providing context.

Made the road trip to Norman as a student. CU beating the hell out of OU, Sooners score and they send out the Boomer Schooner - which proceeds to flip over as it makes the turn on the field. It cuts the artificial turf which they patch with duct tape. Second half their QB (Gundy) has a big run and gets airlifted to the hospital after the tackle. That’s all I got on Gundy. CU gets stopped twice at the goal line and still beats top 10 ranked OU at home convincingly.

Made the road trip to Norman as a student. CU beating the hell out of OU, Sooners score and they send out the Boomer Schooner - which proceeds to flip over as it makes the turn on the field. It cuts the artificial turf which they patch with duct tape. Second half their QB (Gundy) has a big run and gets airlifted to the hospital after the tackle. That’s all I got on Gundy. CU gets stopped twice at the goal line and still beats top 10 ranked OU at home convincingly.

Yeah remember that game especially Gundy's head bouncing on the turf.

Damn. One of the better QBs in the country. Hopefully he’s alright

Damm, you hate to hear this about any player especially a guy like this. I remember seeing an interview with him a couple years ago when he was named the starter after Newman transferred out and he is a great guy who seemed very down to earth.

Here's to hoping it's nothing serious that's for sure.

This is what I was alluding to earlier.

It may be as @manhattanbuff stated that they are leaving him with his dignity, it may be more that they are looking at the total package and just want it to go away.

If they fire him outright then they have to explain it and explain why they would have let him do the things he was doing. This way they say take the blame for one incident and neither of us has to talk about what was actually going on.
If this is considered “leaving with dignity” then whatever “the real story” is that they would be squelching must be really bad!

Back