What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

From Palo Alto to Starksville - not sure I can imagine a more extreme change in scenery or academics....
giphy.gif

In other news, Georgia-Clemson will play in Charlotte in 2021 to go along with the 2024 matchup in Atlanta. This a couple weeks after FSU and LSU schedule neutral site games in Orlando and New Orleans. Why wouldn't they just have those at their home stadiums?

NCAA is on the verge of allowing a one-time transfer with no playing time penalties. Should go into effect for this upcoming season. Expect a lot of roster turnover. This will make it harder for a guy like Mora to recruit players from other teams to come to CU since he's been out of the game several years. The new HC will need to have a pipeline of players he can recruit from other teams.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/28730763/ncaa-studies-idea-1-transfer-no-penalty

In other news, Georgia-Clemson will play in Charlotte in 2021 to go along with the 2024 matchup in Atlanta. This a couple weeks after FSU and LSU schedule neutral site games in Orlando and New Orleans. Why wouldn't they just have those at their home stadiums?

I couldn't agree more about the home and home because these college games in NFL stadiums suck for the most part other than a few exceptions. But in this case they already had a game scheduled in Atlanta in 2024 plus a home and home in 2029 and 2033 and it sounds like they cancelled home games against SJSU and Wyoming to play this game instead.

I couldn't agree more about the home and home because these college games in NFL stadiums suck for the most part other than a few exceptions. But in this case they already had a game scheduled in Atlanta in 2024 plus a home and home in 2029 and 2033 and it sounds like they cancelled home games against SJSU and Wyoming to play this game instead.
Gotcha. I just thought that one was weird because of how close Clemson is to Charlotte and how close Georgia is to Atlanta. Like what are we doing here? This isn't like they are going to play a kickoff event in Vegas or something.

The FSU-LSU one still makes little sense to me, unless LSU didn't want to play outdoors that early in the season.

Having the FSU-LSU game in Orlando and New Orleans makes an easier trip for the fans. For example, a ton of FSU alumni live along or south of the I4 corridor (think mid Florida from Tampa through Orlando). It’s a 4 hour drive with no traffic each way to Tallahassee from Orlando (and longer for points south). It’s nice to have a game in Orlando. LSU has a heavy amount of alumni in Florida too.

Having the FSU-LSU game in Orlando and New Orleans makes an easier trip for the fans. For example, a ton of FSU alumni live along or south of the I4 corridor (think mid Florida from Tampa through Orlando). It’s a 4 hour drive with no traffic each way to Tallahassee from Orlando (and longer for points south). It’s nice to have a game in Orlando. LSU has a heavy amount of alumni in Florida too.
I guarantee LSU fans don’t care about playing in Orlando or Tallahassee. Maybe FSU should just play all of their games in Orlando since theirt fans can’t seem to make it to home games anymore. Either way I can guarantee FSU fans would rather go to Death Valley for a game, likely a night game than New Orleans neutral site garbage.

Gotcha. I just thought that one was weird because of how close Clemson is to Charlotte and how close Georgia is to Atlanta. Like what are we doing here? This isn't like they are going to play a kickoff event in Vegas or something.

The FSU-LSU one still makes little sense to me, unless LSU didn't want to play outdoors that early in the season.
We (Clemson fans) would much have preferred to have a home & home but unfortunately it’s asking too much on such short notice. Georgia isn’t going to just give us an extra home game and everyone had a full slate of games booked in other years, so the only logical choice was to schedule a single neutral site game. Georgia already has the neutral site/pseudo home game against us in Atlanta 2024, so the two came together and gave a neutral site/pseudo home game for Clemson in Charlotte. Both schools have heavy presences in both metros, but obviously Georgia has more in Atlanta and Clemson more in Charlotte.

Of course there‘s the thought of “well you’re playing a neutral site game in 2024, why not change that to a home & home in 2021/2024?” Unfortunately with the contracts signed for the 2024 game, there’s nothing that can be done. Neutral site games are MASSIVE cash cows for the stadiums so MB Stadium wouldn’t release two huge rivals, who are likely going to be Top 10 teams when they match up, from a contract.

Above I mentioned the “huge rivals”, which may have surprised some of you. One thing most people outside the region don’t realize is that Georgia-Clemson is one of the most passionate rivalries in the nation. The campuses are just 90 minutes apart, and there’s a lot of hate between the two fan bases. Many even go so far as to say they dislike the other as much, if not more, than their in-state rivals (Georgia Tech, South Carolina). We don’t play each other as much anymore due to conference restrictions (not unlike Colorado and Nebraska) but, as you can surely relate, that doesn’t make you hate them any less.

Here’s to hoping the games feature two top-level teams and the Tigers mop the floor with them both times in the next few years (and all 4 following home & home games). If you think you’ve met a terrible fan base, wait until you meet the Georgia Bulldogs. I remember attending a game in Athens and watching Georgia fans pelt a father and his 8-10 year old son with beer cans while they barked at them. They’re horrible.

We (Clemson fans) would much have preferred to have a home & home but unfortunately it’s asking too much on such short notice. Georgia isn’t going to just give us an extra home game and everyone had a full slate of games booked in other years, so the only logical choice was to schedule a single neutral site game. Georgia already has the neutral site/pseudo home game against us in Atlanta 2024, so the two came together and gave a neutral site/pseudo home game for Clemson in Charlotte. Both schools have heavy presences in both metros, but obviously Georgia has more in Atlanta and Clemson more in Charlotte.

Of course there‘s the thought of “well you’re playing a neutral site game in 2024, why not change that to a home & home in 2021/2024?” Unfortunately with the contracts signed for the 2024 game, there’s nothing that can be done. Neutral site games are MASSIVE cash cows for the stadiums so MB Stadium wouldn’t release two huge rivals, who are likely going to be Top 10 teams when they match up, from a contract.

Above I mentioned the “huge rivals”, which may have surprised some of you. One thing most people outside the region don’t realize is that Georgia-Clemson is one of the most passionate rivalries in the nation. The campuses are just 90 minutes apart, and there’s a lot of hate between the two fan bases. Many even go so far as to say they dislike the other as much, if not more, than their in-state rivals (Georgia Tech, South Carolina). We don’t play each other as much anymore due to conference restrictions (not unlike Colorado and ****braska) but, as you can surely relate, that doesn’t make you hate them any less.

Here’s to hoping the games feature two top-level teams and the Tigers mop the floor with them both times in the next few years (and all 4 following home & home games). If you think you’ve met a terrible fan base, wait until you meet the Georgia Bulldogs. I remember attending a game in Athens and watching Georgia fans pelt a father and his 8-10 year old son with beer cans while they barked at them. They’re horrible.
Did they drag your grandma down the stairs? Personally I’ve enjoyed interacting with Georgia fans.

Did they drag your grandma down the stairs? Personally I’ve enjoyed interacting with Georgia fans.
I don’t even know how that’s possible. I guess it may be because they don’t have Colorado on their radar. The game I went to was Georgia vs South Carolina; I was there because my roommate was from Georgia and his girlfriend went to UGA. The aforementioned beer cans I was talking about were thrown at arguably our most hated rival and all I could think was “oh my god, I feel terrible for them “. They had to change the name of the Florida-Georgia rivalry (by all means, Florida fans are supposedly just as bad as Georgia fans) to the “Florida-Georgia Game” because the death rate of the “World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party” was so high due to people dying in fights.

Athens is actually an awesome party town, but Dawg fans are some of the worst.

Holy **** did Sparty overpay for Tucker.
If Tucker is worth that much as a 5-7 coach is Frosty going to hold up the fuskers for even more.

When kNU was in the B8/B12 they were always in a position to outspend everyone except OU and a couple of the Texas schools. Now in the B1G they are working from behind a bunch of programs.

I could see the red backing into a lower end bowl game and Frost forcing them to re-up. They currently owe him $5 million per through 2026. Will he come back and crank that up over $7 million per.

They know that they didn't exactly have a lot of options the last couple times they have been in the market for a coach. They only got Frost because he is an alum and from there.

Just mind boggling that the former 5-7, lifetime, HC for CU is getting $5.5 million from a scandalous renegade program like MSU. By paying him that they have ****ed every program in the country to a degree.

Back