What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

MM holding out for an FBS job?

I'd imagine a G5 will give him a shot at some point, but outside of that you can now make pretty good money being a good coordinator. His recruiting will keep him from a true elite coordinator job you'd think but his stint at Ole Miss was fairly well viewed, where he made $1.5M/year.

Austin Peay's last head coach salary that I could find was $265K/year and that was one of the bigger salaries in their conference. He is making $420K now.

Yet the NCAA drops the hammer on UMass Women's tennis. The faster the NCAA goes away, the better.

And with a dose of overreach so absurd it only makes sense to have come from this sham of an organization that purports to protect college athletes but consistently proves it’s more interested in asserting power over them, the dream has been rendered a nightmare. For the sake of $252, three years of UMass women’s tennis victories were vacated. For the decision to self-report a one-time, minor clerical error, the program has been forced to vacate that title. Poof — gone.

For reimbursing two players, one of them Collens, for an off-campus phone jack neither Collens nor her roommate even knew they had, the team was unfairly tainted as cheaters by the NCAA, painted with the same broad brush as recruiters who hand out bags of cash or athletes who pump themselves with performance enhancers.

Why does the BIG have a 21 day mandatory quarantine protocol? Why has common sense gone out the window?

So stupid. Completely a PR move IMO when they had to backtrack on postponement. Make it look like they were taking it very seriously. Either that or they wanted to create a big penalty for anybody getting it to act as a deterrent.

So stupid. Completely a PR move IMO when they had to backtrack on postponement. Make it look like they were taking it very seriously. Either that or they wanted to create a big penalty for anybody getting it to act as a deterrent.
This is not stupid. You are wrong.

The 21 day quarantine is to complete the cardiac monitoring requirement suggested by their medical experts and agreed to by their presidents.

Learn.

What would be common sense in this context?
Maybe start at 2 weeks, like everything else our country has established when it comes to COVID quarantining? Daily testing provides the opportunity to see if someone is no longer testing positive 3, 4, 5 days later. Why automatically rule guys out for 21 days?

Maybe start at 2 weeks, like everything else our country has established when it comes to COVID quarantining? Daily testing provides the opportunity to see if someone is no longer testing positive 3, 4, 5 days later. Why automatically rule guys out for 21 days?

The reason is they do not want teams rushing back guys who have not practiced for two weeks. I do not think it is perfect by any stretch, but it is not just plain stupid as you suggest.

This is not stupid. You are wrong.

The 21 day quarantine is to complete the cardiac monitoring requirement suggested by their medical experts and agreed to by their presidents.

Learn.

I stand corrected. Didn't know it was for the cardiac monitoring.

The reason is they do not want teams rushing back guys who have not practiced for two weeks. I do not think it is perfect by any stretch, but it is not just plain stupid as you suggest.
I didn't call it stupid, I just suggested that common sense be used. The reasoning you suggested is only a thing because they are mandating a length of time for being out in the first place. If Mertz tests negative multiple times over the next 5-7 days, why shouldn't he be able to start practicing at that time?

I didn't call it stupid, I just suggested that common sense be used. The reasoning you suggested is only a thing because they are mandating a length of time for being out in the first place. If Mertz tests negative multiple times over the next 5-7 days, why shouldn't he be able to start practicing at that time?

Common sense is still a 14-day quarantine. What you are suggesting is picking and choosing protocol.

Common sense is still a 14-day quarantine. What you are suggesting is picking and choosing protocol.
No, common sense is forcing a quarantine until multiple tests over 2-3 days come back negative, not pigeonholing themselves into an automatic 3 week quarantine. It's the same thing they did by cancelling the season initially.

Does the B1G have a retesting protocol for asymptomatics? Some Conferences do. All should.

Seems like Trevor Lawrence is pushing back on going to the Jets after this season.

I realize it's become common to be loose with the term, but to clarify, the B1G does it require a player who tests positive to "quarantine" for 21 days, they require that player be held out of games for 21 days.

Also, he reportedly tested negative just before the game. I'm curious if this was an actual case of in game transmission, or if he went partying Friday night celebrating the W. Doubt we'll ever learn.

Seems like Trevor Lawrence is pushing back on going to the Jets after this season.
No way he stays. I don't see it.

Rumblings that Wisconsin/Nebraska won't be played. The BIG has a 5% threshold rule that Wisconsin may have crossed, considering 3 QBs alone tested positive. Nice job by the BIG forcing 9 games in 9 weeks and not building any bye weeks.

Back