What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

No way he stays. I don't see it.
There are members of this board who are convinced Clemson pays more than the NFL.
I can pretty much guarantee Trevor Lawrence is not playing for Clemson next year.
It would make no sense for him to stay at Clemson. He is going to be the first pick in the draft, no question. He isn't going to give up a year of salary and he isn't going to delay his progress towards his second contract where he makes the real money.

The precedent is there though. Elway decided he wasn't playing for the Colts and forced his way out (with an assist from the Yankees.) Eli Manning was the first pick by the Chargers but forced a trade to the Giants.

Lawrence is the clear number one pick. He is also the best prospect at QB since maybe Luck. The Jets are a disaster of an organization and no matter how good a rookie QB is that isn't going to change.

The Jets will have leverage because they will hold his draft rights but Lawrence holds the higher cards because if he chooses to sit the Jets get nothing, and no GM, no owner, wants to be the ones who lost a generational QB for nothing because they couldn't sign him.

That means their game next weekend is in danger as well.
That means that their game in two weeks (Michigan) is also in danger if they are going to adhere to their 21 day policy. Nebraska, Purdue and Michigan. I think the BIG is going to walk back that protocol, along with that 5% policy.

If not, that would effectively eliminate the BIG West favorite from CFP and BIG CG contention and take a game away from the second favorite in the BIG East.

The BIG ****ed this up so bad.

That means that their game in two weeks (Michigan) is also in danger if they are going to adhere to their 21 day policy. ****braska, Purdue and Michigan. I think the BIG is going to walk back that protocol, along with that 5% policy.

If not, that would effectively eliminate the BIG West favorite from CFP and BIG CG contention and take a game away from the second favorite in the BIG East.

The BIG ****ed this up so bad.

Wisconsin (the school and the state) has to own some of this though.

Wisconsin (the school and the state) has to own some of this though.
Sure, but why is that relevant? Every other conference put in smart, logical protocols and built in schedule flexibility to account for this exact scenario. The conference sat on their high horse initially with cancelling the season, which I don't blame them for outside of deciding to cancel so early without seeing how things played out, only to ultimately pander to players, parents and Donald ****ing Trump to resume play. Then, instead of just following the other conferences and NFL model they had to put in impossible policies and protocols and force a 9 game schedule with zero room for error. Amateur hour.

Sure, but why is that relevant? Every other conference put in smart, logical protocols and built in schedule flexibility to account for this exact scenario. The conference sat on their high horse initially with cancelling the season, which I don't blame them for outside of deciding to cancel so early without seeing how things played out, only to ultimately pander to players, parents and Donald ****ing Trump to resume play. Then, instead of just following the other conferences and NFL model they had to put in impossible policies and protocols and force a 9 game schedule with zero room for error. Amateur hour.

I would say the transmission rate in Wisconsin, which has been extremely high for several weeks, is definitely relevant here. How could it not be?

I think you have some valid points, but I also question the protocols of other conferences and in the NFL.

so Wilner says that the positivity rate for the Badgers is at 28% on a 7 day average -
the highest rate right now in the PAC 12 is Utah at 18% so that's a bit alarming with Arizona next in line at 9%

Jason Harris’ brother, Jalen, voted team captain by his peers. Put on a ton of good weight, had a great offseason, and expected to have a breakout year. I read from a local 247 writer that both Harris brothers were quiet leaders early in HS and became really vocal leaders by their senior years so I definitely wouldn’t be surprised to see Jason eventually be a team captain for us as well.

These “emerging perspectives” should await data and evidence before adoption.

The studies and registries are underway to address the critical issues posed in the article.

Until those data are published, these opinions might be right. Or they might be wrong.

Data and evidence should drive decisions and policies, not opinions, observation and perspectives.

To do otherwise would be akin to taking a vaccine before we have safety and efficacy data.

Back