What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

DJ is definitely a big guy and supposedly has a cannon for an arm. I'm sure they will run him quite a bit and also give a heavy dose of Travis Etienne tomorrow. It's also worth noting that Clemson is a little banged up on defense with their star LB Skalski out and DL Tyler Davis is questionable after missing the Syracuse game last week.
That must be a nice problem to have, two qbs that can straight ball. Not to mention maybe the best back in the country. Plus being loaded everywhere else.

If you read the article, it sounds like he was genuinely conflicted on whether to take the job.
Guy is an outstanding coach and I'm glad to see him overcoming his challenges and being successful.

Duff, I think you are more familiar with Sark than I am and a closer observer of SEC football as well. At Bama he gets basically everything he wants to work with, at SC he had a Program that had the financial and administrative support to achieve.

We all love CU but it is not a place where budget is no issue and "allowances" are made to get and keep talented players in. Reportedly this was part of the reason Mel left when the opportunity presented itself

How would Sark do in a place where he didn't have the resources he is used to?

Whatever you think of him, very little doubt in my mind he would have had CU punching way above its weight class in recruiting. So Cal recruiting would have been instantly upgraded in ways we haven't seen in a long time around here.

Is he a guy that can win you championships? Maybe?

Last edited:
That must be a nice problem to have, two qbs that can straight ball. Not to mention maybe the best back in the country. Plus being loaded everywhere else.

BUF-L-CU-FballCGG_1581.jpg

Why can't you have a negative number? Well, to no surprise, -7 threw another ****ing pick six.:D That would be some interesting commentary. We lose, at least I'd get a laugh out of it.

Cal/Washington cancelled

Big part of why I'm not doing an other games thread this year.

Seems like the biggest news of every week, and the news we can count on each week, is about which games are being cancelled.

With the trend in numbers nationally I wonder if or when we start seeing some schools just throw in the towel and cancel the rest of their seasons. Would almost expect to see some of these as we get to the point where there are only 3-4 weeks left for some schools.

Big part of why I'm not doing an other games thread this year.

Seems like the biggest news of every week, and the news we can count on each week, is about which games are being cancelled.

With the trend in numbers nationally I wonder if or when we start seeing some schools just throw in the towel and cancel the rest of their seasons. Would almost expect to see some of these as we get to the point where there are only 3-4 weeks left for some schools.

Cancellations and postponements were expected, we knew that. But overall the numbers are pretty good among the Power 5.

The ACC has played a total of 54 games and had 5 postponements, which is a little over a 90% rate of games taking place as scheduled. The SEC has had 3 postponements and played 36. The B1G has had 2 cancellations (both due to 1 team) and will have played 19 games after this weekend.

Back